It's not like this on Azamara

uktog

For what it may be worth (probably nothing), we took the Century to Hawaii a couple of weeks ago. While the food wasn't as good as Azamara, the crew and staff, including the captain, almost made us feel we were on Azamara.

Weather was marginal at best, but had a very nice time.

Good to see some kind words about other lines. Just back from Antarctica on Celebrity and it was great. Not on a large ship like Solstice but the Infinity. True the dining room service is not quite as good as. Azamara, but it also has fewer passengers to keep happy.

We cruise or 4 times a year on either Azamara or Celebrity. Have never met a rude server or employee on either. Let's face it with only 2 ships Azamara destinations are very limited.....much more to chose from on Celebrity.

As I said just back from Celebrity, Azamara coming up in July and back to Celebrity to New England and Quebec on Celebrity again in October.

Sure we will find lots of smiling faces

Ladyflatlander

• 5 weeks later...

We also just returned from the Celebrity Century Hawaii cruise. While we really enjoy the upgraded in room technology amenities and the wider selection of restaurants on Solstice Class ships as compared to the older and smaller Century, I have to mention the customer service on CENTURY met and exceeded expectations.

I'm not sure if the fact we had a suite skewed the service levels we observed, but it was apparent the senior management on Century has set the right "tone" for service. The entire crew was responsive, cordial and constantly asking if all was well and how they could help. As much as we enjoy Solstice class ships, the service levels don't seem to match the efforts on board the smaller Century.

Sorry, but having spent 30 years in business, I can safely say your "secondly" paragraph is utter nonsense. See uktog's posting above for expert corroboration.

Hmm . . . I am not sure who is right here, but I suspect the second paragraph referred to is not "nonsense." I was just on Azamara Quest, and met two very charming men who said they were on a "working vacation." What was their occupation? They were "Service Trainers."

Thank you UKtog , I really appreciated your observations of your Celebrity Cruise. I was most interested in how you saw and evaluated your Celebrity Cruise.Your post showed an obvious experience with personell and training, I totally agree with your perceptions and principles.

Although we are longing for another Az' cruise we decided to let the dust settle this year. Your review is welcome and I thought especially pertinent to post it on Az's board.

Archived