Cozumel Palace vs. Secrets Aura Cozumel

starfishee

I know that both of these resorts have been discussed here on the boards, however, i'm looking to get feedback from someone who has been to both and can compare the two! We are stopping in Cozumel on a Celebrity cruise and would like to get a day pass for an all inclusive, price not an issue, just would like to know where the best overall experience was. We enjoy the beach (which resort's beach is nicest?), would like the opportunity to do some snorkeling as well (right at resort preferably). Looking to enjoy a well spread out resort that doesn't feel to overcrowded or cramped. Which property is maintained better? Who offers better food? Etc, etc, etc....???? Boyfriend has never been to an all-inclusive before, so i'd also like to use the day as a "selling point" for a future trip also! TIA!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been to both. Only man made beach at palace, but heated pool and decent snorkeling. Food is great compared to most and service is wonderful. Drinks are weak. Clean. It's compact. Very nice.

Secrets- great beach. Good snorkeling. Pool was chilly. Food was fine. It was less crowded and more spread out.

Easy walk to town from palace. 15 minute cab to town from secrets.

Palace is very small, only about 270 rooms and has no beach as it is built on a reef. There are two man-made sand areas but one is supposed to be for Palace timeshare folks. It has a great pool, decent snorkeling, and the food is phenomenal. We were there in November 2011 and didn't see any day pass people. We will be back April 12-19 this year. It is not a long walk from the downtown pier, maybe 10 minutes. I believe they really limit the day pass people as they don't want their guests to be inconvenienced by too many outsiders.

Archived