Need help with rate changes - Super Saver to Past Guest

elmojessi

We booked through a third party agency using our credit card points a few weeks ago for an inside guarantee cabin. With the sale Carnival’s running now, for the same exact fare as our inside guarantee, we could now get an assigned ocean view room. I called the third party agency and they said that to change the reservation would be $180 because we booked super saver and there is no super saver fare available now. This is a valid point, but the rate I was looking at was a past guest rate. Shouldn’t we be able to change from a super saver rate to a past guest rate?

Can I call Carnival directly to deal with this issue, or do I need to work through the third party agency?

Any help would be appreciated. I’d love to get an assigned ocean view room.

Here is Super Saver info - I think you're SOL

Disclaimers:

Guests who book Super Saver are not eligible for any price protection. This fare does not qualify for Early Saver price protection. A non-refundable and non-transferable deposit is required at the time of booking. Guest selects stateroom type (e.g. interior, ocean view, balcony or suite), but Carnival assigns the deck and location of the stateroom. Stateroom assignment will be provided at the time of check in on embarkation day. No name changes are allowed. Click here for additional information and details.

Archived