Conquest out of New Orleans Mar 31st

3StarsFoodie

Hello,

We will be taking the Conquest out of New Orleans on Mar 31. I have a few questions about the day of departure.

I have read several posts about what time people get to the port regardless of what time it says on their boarding passes. Our boarding time is 1-3 and it says "Priority" as well (we are staying in a Grand Suite).

So, what would be the advantage, if any, of arriving earlier than 1:00? I have read that some people get there as early as 10:30. Since the 31st is Easter, I was thinking of eating Brunch in New Orleans before getting on the ship.

Also, what time can I expect to be able to go to our suite?

Thanks!

We were on the Conquest in January, we arrived at the parking garage at 10:00 a.m. We never received an e-mail from Carnival telling us what time to be there, (apparantly Carnival is sending those out a lot now) and even if we would have we would have ignored it. We got through security and check-in and by 10:30 we were sitting in the terminal. Boarding started at 11:15, and we boarded at 11:45. Rooms were ready at 12:30.

Hey 3Stars!

We're sailing with you! Have you signed up on our roll call? I don't see your name (but I totally may be missing it on the thread).

My family and I usually arrive around 10:30 as well. We never can wait to get on the ship to start our vacay!

For NOLA, the garage opens at 8, as does the terminal. The check-in, however, does not actually start until between 10-10:30, though the actual time is not very concrete :)

Boarding will usually start anytime between 11 and 11:30, and varies slightly.

Rooms are ready at 12:30. I cannot recall if being in a suite gives you early access to your rooms, or not, however.

Archived