Dive Knife - can you bring on board?

We are diving in Cozumel. Are we going to be allowed to bring our dive knife on board? How about on and off the ship in Cozumel? If it matters, I didn't book the trip through Royal Caribbean. Thanks

I take it that you are flying to Miami since your from KY? If your flying ..airline will confiscate it ...even if it's in your checked luggage. Look on your airline website(if this applys to you) and see what is ALLOWED OR NOT ALLOWED!

I would say NO....to both accounts. Why would u want to take something like that anyway....especially the time we live in.... :(

I take it that you are flying to Miami since your from KY? If your flying ..airline will confiscate it ...even if it's in your checked luggage. Look on your airline website(if this applys to you) and see what is ALLOWED OR NOT ALLOWED!

I would say NO....to both accounts. Why would u want to take something like that anyway....especially the time we live in.... :(

You are not correct, knives are allowed in checked luggage.

Have you ever been 80' under water and had your dive equipment get hung up on rope/vegitation/fishing net? And then run out of air? Knowing that you have to make a 3 minute stop at 15' below the surface and know that you can't hold your breath that long?

Yes, we would definately need one! Just wondering about getting on and off the ship at port, etc.

Sorry! but I only went by what I saw in SJ....TSA confiscated one from a checked luggage. Best thing to do is check with your airline and cruise line by calling them.

I fully understand about diving circumstances happening and I'd want to be safe also. Hope you find the info you needed.

Some people we met on our SOS cruise said that their knives were confiscated at the pier and they had to sign a form explaining that they were bringing the knife on for diving purposes. They got the knife back after they boarded. I would call RCI and ask them about their policy.

Archived