on hold now for 37 minutes and counting. REALLY CARNIVAL?

uhggggggg!!!!!!!

still on hold.

sorry, but my friends, you all have to suffer with me. :rolleyes:

im trying to remind myself to be very pleasant when the DO answer.. but geez. what is going on? do they NOT want my business or what??

imo- if they dont have enough staff to answer the calls, they should shut the phones off and have scheduled business hours.

so frustrating.

I feel for you, and I am sure others will know what waiting on hold is like. I have not had to wait anywhere near that long while calling Carnival, but last week when I called my cable company to inquire why my own email was sending an email to my email I was on hold for the better part of an hour when the lovely woman's voice was telling me that the wait was less than 20 minutes......that was the last thing I heard at the 50something mark before I hung up. The worst wait was around 90+ minutes with my old ISP and when I finally got through the problem was solved in under 30 seconds.....yep waited an hour and a half and it took 30 seconds...Reminds me very much of going to a medicenter and waiting two hours to see a doctor and you don't even get time to explain what is wrong before the doc is writing out a script for a drug (which I would threw out because the doc didn't even give my health concern a minute of their time or ask any questions).

Hang in there, everyone knows what waiting forever is like.......

40 minutes, only. A couple of weeks ago, I wanted to upgrade my cabins and I had to wait one hour for someone to answer and when she finally responded, I had to wait another hour while she got someone to rebook into the new cabin. I am sure I lost consciousness a few times during my extremely long wait.

I was on hold last week for ten minutes, the girl was a little confused, didn't know the difference between easy saver and early saver. When I started explaining i was under early saver, she said " I understand, I was just getting ready to ask for your booking nu..... disconnected. I have done the same thing, sad to say. I called back, another ten minutes on hold, but spoke to a man who knew exactly what he was doing. I have talked with him before. Wish he was a pvp.

I have been on hold for at least 40 minutes before. One thing I do now, is call on the home phone, and at the same call on my cell. I just say hello to the one that answers first. Actually I started doing this when I had been on the home phone for about 30 minutes on hold, called on the cell, and was answered almost immediately, while the home phone stayed on hold.

I was on hold a long time 2 weeks ago and I gave Carnival a pass thinking it was because of the Triumph incident. Ok, I accept that, but here we are now in March and they are still taking forever answering calls?

Me thinks Carnival either doesn't care about the callers looking to book or that they have laid off a few PVPs. There is no excuse for a company to treat prospective clients like that.

Yesterday I called to finalize some details and was also on hold for about 40 minutes.

Maybe they are cutting back their back office staff too. Or maybe just the added work load with all these new sale types that are taking longer.

Archived