Using iPhones on the Silhouette

sheffield

Has anyone had any luck connecting to On Waves on the Silhouette recently using an iPhone 4 or 5? We were unable to do so during the New Years cruise and are due to sail again on her in May. Many people have had this problem and I was wondering whether it has been resolved. I have had no luck talking to Celebrity about this. AT&T who is our carrier, say they are talking to On Waves about it. I emailed On Waves but so far have had no reply from them.

Thanks

Can someone explain to me why Celebrity is not actively involved in solving this problem? This is an On Waves compatibility issue with their cell towers on the ships. There is not an issue on the other celebrity ships that use Maritime Services cell towers. Celebrity made the switch of cell providers, thus they are responsible for delivering a service that works. It states in all their literature that cell service at sea is available. Cannot figure how a company can install different equipment without making sure it works and then passing it off to the carriers/equipment provider as their problem. Remember this is a problem that has been happening for months not recent weeks with no solution. Frustrating to say the least, for people that need to stay in touch....

On the Feb 17th sailing of the Silhouette, neither of our AT&T iPhone 5's showed a signal from the on-board service. Service in all ports was fine.

I did notice that as we sailed close to the Bahamas and I picked up their BTC signal, I was able to look at the carrier list on my phone and see On Waves--I just couldn't connect to it. "No Signal".

My Verizon iPhone 5 worked on Eclipse in January. The onwaves Internet service is 100% better than the old service.

I didn't realize the Eclipse now had On Waves, it was still Cellular at Sea when we were on her last May. Good to hear the iPhone worked, gives me hope for the Silhouette.

Archived