So excited but....

Ms. T

So excited but a little nervous too. Can anyone tell me which ports require "tender":confused: hope that's the right term on the Conquest heading to Cozmel Belize Roatan & Grand Cayman?

Replies greatly appreciated

Everytime that we have been to Grand Cayman and Belize we were tendered. We have always docked at Cozumel and we have been there at least 6 times. I don't know about Roatan since we have never been to that port. Hope this helps.

Belize always tenders ... and it's a good 40-60 minute ride. Grand Cayman tenders always, too, (I believe?) but it was a short ride.

You shouldn't worry though ... it's fine! The tenders are large enough that you shouldn't feel unsafe at all.

It has been a few years, but last time I was in Roatan we were at the pier. BTW Personally, I thought Roatan was one of the most beautiful Islands in the Caribbean, and I have been to a lot of them. Enjoy.

Also, Belize was a tender port and as far as I was concerned it was not even worth the ride...but that is a just a personal thought. Have a great cruise!

I was on a cruise last April that stopped in Belize and we did not tender. I read on one of the post that they always tender in Belize but that's not accurate. I did tender when I went to Grand Caymen.

Belize always tenders ... and it's a good 40-60 minute ride. Grand Cayman tenders always, too, (I believe?) but it was a short ride.

You shouldn't worry though ... it's fine! The tenders are large enough that you shouldn't feel unsafe at all.

40-60 minutes to tender in Belize???? Were you in a rowboat? The ship did anchor pretty far out, but it took us about 15 min.

That being said the next time I'm in Belize I will choose to stay on the ship. Not my favorite port....

We did this cruise last year and tendered in Belize and Grand Cayman,

I found the Belize tender to be about 15-20 minutes others have said 40-60 minutes I wouldnt say it took anywhere near that long.

Roatan is not a tender and is a very short dock quick 5 min walk and your in the port area of shops and such, it is a longer walk to get Cabs for excursions but lots of places to sit and rest as you go. We didn't have time to check out the port area there when we got back from our excursion.

I was on a cruise last April that stopped in Belize and we did not tender. I read on one of the post that they always tender in Belize but that's not accurate. I did tender when I went to Grand Caymen.

How did you get to land? It's too shallow and there's no pier.

Everytime that we have been to Grand Cayman and Belize we were tendered. We have always docked at Cozumel and we have been there at least 6 times. I don't know about Roatan since we have never been to that port. Hope this helps.

thanks....thanks for all the responses. Very helpful!!!! :)

Archived