Great Cruise on the Fantasy

odysseyw5

Just wanted to say that our family of 5 (2 adults, 3 kids age 17,13,10) just returned (Thursday) from our first cruise, we were on the Fantasy. The staff was great, the weather was wonderful and the kids are asking when we will be going again--they are hooked.

Thanks to everyone on this board for all the tips given (I've been reading for about two months). One tip we took was getting a room at the Comfort Suites in Paradise Island so we could use the facilities at Atlantis. Kids and hubby loved it. Just to let everyone know they only give 4 wrist bands per room, I was not going to use the slides, just the pool and beach. The young lady working at the towel hut just told me to hold onto the card given to me by Comfort Suites and show it if anyone questioned about my missing arm band.

Again thanks to everyone here, you made our trip memorable.

Glad to hear you had a good time! My husband and I leave on the 23rd for the same trip. We are scheduled for the zoo, garden and city tour, but hope to be able to spend some time on the beach when we're done. Is there a public beach right there by the ship when you get off?

I like the Fanasty. It was my DW and mine first cruise and the first cruise for my two DD's. I have video of my DD's first sign and sail purchase by themselves at the bar (so grown up, you know).

Has the Fanasty been remodeled or does it still have the space ship booths on the Promenade?

Just wanted to say that our family of 5 (2 adults, 3 kids age 17,13,10) just returned (Thursday) from our first cruise, we were on the Fantasy.

We were on the Fantasy last Jan and again in March. We loved it, too. The ship was clean and the staff was friendly.

It was refurbished and the space ship booths are gone. The Promenade had nice seating, very open and nicely laid out for pre-dinner drinks or afternoon lounging and watching the ocean float by.

Thanks for posting, I'm glad your family had such a good time and are hooked on cruising!

We were on the same cruise. Loved it ! The only thing that "ruined my whole cruise" <g> Was the lady who insisted on showing us a picture of her cat not 20 seconds after we sat down at the welcoming buffet. And she proceeded to show EVERYONE who would pay any attention to her the picture. Even the piano player at Cleopatra's AS he was playing the piano. @@ Amusingly, she showed the comic TC Tahoe the picture too, oh boy did he have a good time with that!

It was our first cruise and I have to say, I was very impressed with all the Fantasy had to offer.

Bren

Just wanted to say that our family of 5 (2 adults, 3 kids age 17,13,10) just returned (Thursday) from our first cruise, we were on the Fantasy. The staff was great, the weather was wonderful and the kids are asking when we will be going again--they are hooked.

Thanks to everyone on this board for all the tips given (I've been reading for about two months). One tip we took was getting a room at the Comfort Suites in Paradise Island so we could use the facilities at Atlantis. Kids and hubby loved it. Just to let everyone know they only give 4 wrist bands per room, I was not going to use the slides, just the pool and beach. The young lady working at the towel hut just told me to hold onto the card given to me by Comfort Suites and show it if anyone questioned about my missing arm band.

Congrads and Welcome to the world of Cruising!!!!!!!!

We took our first cruise on the Fanasty too!!!! Was hooked ever since!!!!!!

I am now a group leader for cruise critic,,, who would of thunk..lol

I decided I wanted to try a larger ship next time and the Triumph fit the bill nicely!! Want to give her a try??? Come with us down to the Caribbean and see Jamaica next year??? Enjoy your new found way of vacationing!!!

Chuck

My family took our first cruise on Fantasy in April and absolutely loved it! :D We are now hooked on cruising!

Do people usually just wear their swimsuit and cover up during the day on the ship?? This will help with packing!

On our day at sea, can't believe it was just last week, we hung out. Many people were by the pool and the atmosphere was relaxed. We did change for dinner, not too fancy.

Great to hear that many of you experienced your first cruise on the Fantasy. It was a great way to gather our family together for an unforgetable vacation, that will be difficult to top. We did meet many families on board the ship who were also taking their first cruise.

Do people usually just wear their swimsuit and cover up during the day on the ship?? This will help with packing!

Yes, you will see people in all manner of dress during the day on the ship. Mostly in swimsuits/coverups as you described. For dinner you will need to dress up a bit more - no swimsuits or shorts in the dining room. Plus for formal night you will need to be even more dressed up.

Tony.

• 1 month later...

Just wondering how early they let you check in at Comfort at Paradise Island. And who checks for the wristbands, did you have any trouble with only 4. We will have five also and sounds like it would be a better deal going that route than Blue Lagoon. Any pointers would be appriciated.

The Cheese

Archived