Is it my Imagination or Did these CCL Problems start when.....

MrPete

OMG' date=' they were transporting Egyptian artifacts, too?! No WONDER there's been so many people exploring the sunken Titanic! :rolleyes:[/quote']

Would a mummy sink or float:confused:

The curse continues.

But how embarrassing is it that the TA's STILL don't know about the delays affecting the Deathshine and the Triumph.

I'm reading passengers calling their TA's to cancel/rebook and they know NOTHING of this information.

Sounds like the curse of their TAs. Maybe they should find a new one?

My TA was aware of Triumph and the new Carnival Sunshine and had already started a search for affected clients when I spoke with her yesterday. Mentioned a thing or two that wasn't in the press release.

She will also deal with Carnival if there are any issues with me getting refunds and can be very persuasive.

My DH comes from a long line of fishermen and there is an old fisherman's saying...never change the name of your boat - it's bad luck.....so maybe that could be...... LOL ;)

But whatever it is, fisherman's saying, Neptune/Poseidon, sabotage, poor maintenance.....let's just hope they get if fixed and change this all around!!!

We are heading out on the Breeze next weekend for our first Carnival cruise in MANY years and hoping we have smooth sailing! :D

Enjoy your cruise!

My TA was aware of Triumph and the new Carnival Sunshine and had already started a search for affected clients when I spoke with her yesterday. Mentioned a thing or two that wasn't in the press release.

She will also deal with Carnival if there are any issues with me getting refunds and can be very persuasive.

Makes sense. Blame the TA's for this mess.

Could be since superstition states that they were suppose to purge the name of the Destiny from the Ledger of the Deep and from Poseidon's ( or Neptune's) memory before they renamed her the Sunshine.

It would appear that CCL is not superstitious but with recent events they might want to be.:p

Well, maybe just to be safe, if anyone's having a Margarita while on board, throw a little salt over your shoulder. Just in case.....

Why would there be an issue with you getting your refunds? I'm sure Carnival will handle the process as brilliantly as they do with everything else.

Hmmm, perhaps your TA's persuasiveness will be needed after all. This might be the ultimate test of her abilities.

I also have been concerned about the name change and wrote to JH via his blog. This is the reply he posted last week-while I was sailing on the Imagination.

Lori asks:

Dear John,

I haven’t heard anyone mention this, but hope you will know. Does Carnival have plans to follow the correct protocol for changing the Carnival Destiny to the Carnival Sunshine? It would be a terrible thing to disturb Poseidon!

http://www.boatsafe.com/nauticalknowhow/rename.htm

John says:

Hello Lori:

Thanks so much for your concern and we are all very much aware of the superstitions that go along with renaming a ship. This will be the second time we have done this within the fleet. The first time was when we changed the Carnivale to Fiesta Marina and there will be a naming ceremony for the Carnival Sunshine including a bottle break and a traditional blessing by a priest. Details of when this will take place and who the godmother will be are due to be released soon and I will let you know, of course. Thanks so much and please do not worry, Poseidon will be happy.

Best wishes.

John

I also have been concerned about the name change and wrote to JH via his blog. This is the reply he posted last week-while I was sailing on the Imagination.

Lori asks:

Dear John,

I haven’t heard anyone mention this, but hope you will know. Does Carnival have plans to follow the correct protocol for changing the Carnival Destiny to the Carnival Sunshine? It would be a terrible thing to disturb Poseidon!

http://www.boatsafe.com/nauticalknowhow/rename.htm

John says:

Hello Lori:

Thanks so much for your concern and we are all very much aware of the superstitions that go along with renaming a ship. This will be the second time we have done this within the fleet. The first time was when we changed the Carnivale to Fiesta Marina and there will be a naming ceremony for the Carnival Sunshine including a bottle break and a traditional blessing by a priest. Details of when this will take place and who the godmother will be are due to be released soon and I will let you know, of course. Thanks so much and please do not worry, Poseidon will be happy.

Best wishes.

John

OMG! Does he not remember that abismal failure of that "line". It went under in a year!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiesta_Marina_Cruises

Why would there be an issue with you getting your refunds? I'm sure Carnival will handle the process as brilliantly as they do with everything else.

Hmmm, perhaps your TA's persuasiveness will be needed after all. This might be the ultimate test of her abilities.

For one I don't even have to call them, but I'll be sure to tell her what you said. ;)

So what did RCCL do wrong to cause the engine fire on the Allure of the Seas and what did NCL do wrong to cause a crewmember to be killed when the mooring line broke???

So what did RCCL do wrong to cause the engine fire on the Allure of the Seas and what did NCL do wrong to cause a crewmember to be killed when the mooring line broke???

To start with, they were actually able to get their ships and passengers back to port.

And pointing to other bad incidents or even bad behaviour just to justify other bad incidents or other bad behaviour is never an acceptable debate tool. In school, we would have been told to sit down.

• 5 weeks later...
Especially the ones about cutbacks in maintenance. :cool::cool::cool:

How do you know they haven't made money saving changes to their maintenance program? That's something you would never know unless you had internal knowledge. With all the visible cutbacks, I would be willing to bet some "invisible" cutbacks were made as well. It is very possible that something as simple as increasing the intervals between certain checks or part replacements was made to save money while fuel costs were going through the roof.

All of these incidents are not coincidental. Not this many to the same company. If this were an airline, the FAA would be investigating the maintenance program and doing audits for sure.

To start with, they were actually able to get their ships and passengers back to port.

And pointing to other bad incidents or even bad behaviour just to justify other bad incidents or other bad behaviour is never an acceptable debate tool. In school, we would have been told to sit down.

Or stand in the corner:)

I think it is now clear to any rational person

that Carnival is CURSED! All of these problems

started to SNOWBALL right as the Destiny was

going thru the name change...

Carnival: Do the right thing and either KEEP

the name as Destiny or FOLLOW TO THE LETTER

the instructions at BoatSafe.com:

http://boatsafe.com/nauticalknowhow/rename.htm

SEVERAL people had warned them about this,

but the HUBRIS of the BEARDS would not

allow them to admit their ignorance... now who's laughing?

Archived