Bed configuration in SF PH suite on Jade

Go-Bucks!

My friend and I just booked an aft SF Penthouse suite on the Jade and I assumed that the "queen" bed was actual 2 single beds that could be split. I read a post on CC that said it was an actual queen bed, so I called NCL but no one seemed to know and suggested one of us sleep on the sofa bed; uh, not happening when we've paid big bucks. They then suggested I call the concierge desk and ask, but it's closed today.

Does anyone know if this room (8632) can have separate beds or is it just one? Thx!

It is just one bed, and the PCCs very often do not know that. We were told it could make two beds, upon boarding we discovered the truth!

It worked out fine.

In addition to the sofa bed, which can work just fine if you get a foam topper, you have the option of a roll-away, with topper.

Thanks to all of you for the info. It is NOT an option to sleep on a roll away or sofa bed when we're paying huge bucks for a vacation. Not like we're going camping. ;)

Guess we have to cancel and start all over again. :(

When I told my friend about the bed situation, I was shocked that she said she'd sleep on the sofa bed rather than cancel. That was a real surprise. She said she'll use 2 bed toppers. Hope she won't be sorry. :o

I'm guessing that she will be ok. I shared an SF on the Jewel last November and my friend took the sofa bed. She said it was surprisingly comfortable. Not perfection, mind you, but she had no problem with it.

Assuming it's the same sofa that they use in the Mini-suites on the Jade, there's a good chance she's going to regret that decision!

IT's not really a sofa bed like a pull out couch, or one of the nice "clic clac" sofas here in France. The bottom slides out and the top flips down, and you find yourself on top of one ridiculously firm bed with a hard seam down the middle. Having the foam topper makes it better, but having two wouldn't really work, as the bottom one becomes "firm" when you put anything on top of it. It isn't really better than just one.

I survived 10 nights on it, but it wasn't ideal. I napped on the real bed on sea days. Maybe you and your friend could split the trip and each spend half the time on the bed?

Assuming it's the same sofa that they use in the Mini-suites on the Jade, there's a good chance she's going to regret that decision!

IT's not really a sofa bed like a pull out couch, or one of the nice "clic clac" sofas here in France. The bottom slides out and the top flips down, and you find yourself on top of one ridiculously firm bed with a hard seam down the middle. Having the foam topper makes it better, but having two wouldn't really work, as the bottom one becomes "firm" when you put anything on top of it. It isn't really better than just one.

I survived 10 nights on it, but it wasn't ideal. I napped on the real bed on sea days. Maybe you and your friend could split the trip and each spend half the time on the bed?

For the record not the same sofa beds they use in the mini suites ;)

My friend and I just booked an aft SF Penthouse suite on the Jade and I assumed that the "queen" bed was actual 2 single beds that could be split. I read a post on CC that said it was an actual queen bed, so I called NCL but no one seemed to know and suggested one of us sleep on the sofa bed; uh, not happening when we've paid big bucks. They then suggested I call the concierge desk and ask, but it's closed today.

Does anyone know if this room (8632) can have separate beds or is it just one? Thx!

We had that cabin on the Jade and it definately had one bed. We loved that cabin and balcony, the wake of the ship is so calming and mezmerizing.

The other bonus is being at the very aft of the ship required us to walk, alot. We did not gain a single pound on that cruise!

Had the same cabin on the Gem last year, love the aft cabins.

Enjoy! lynda

• 2 weeks later...
The big bucks for a suite is not all that bad! Usually they run about $200 per day per person and that's pretty reasonable for a full suite! Glad your friend is being reasonable as you would be missing out on a great cruise.

Our cost is $238pp/day, but since we heard that the "bliss bed" is so comfortable, it was disappointing to hear that we both couldn't have one. I can't figure out why they'd have a non-splitting bed - there are many people who travel together who don't want to sleep together.

Archived