Curious how PVP's get compensated?

13cheermom

Okay, thanks for the responses! Just wondered if they were compensated more for 3-4 day cruises versus 9-12 day ones. I have a very good PVP right now and is very helpful with price adjustments. Guess it's in their best interest to keep everyone happy until final payment is made! LOL

Okay, thanks for the responses! Just wondered if they were compensated more for 3-4 day cruises versus 9-12 day ones. I have a very good PVP right now and is very helpful with price adjustments. Guess it's in their best interest to keep everyone happy until final payment is made! LOL

They get the same if it's a short cruise vs a long cruise or if they book you in an inside cabin vs a suite.:)

Bill

Mine has also said it doesn't matter it we book long cruise. Inside or suite. I'm sure they have goals to meet and maybe incentives. Mine has never tried to talk me out of booking a 1A. He is very helpful too

My PVP said he gets credit for a booking regardless of how long or how much I spend. Whether its inside or upper categories doesnt seem to matter and he never tries to upsell me. He just gives me what I want and is always helpful in helping me find the best deal. Even if a sale with better rates come along he informs me and adjusts my rate without even my asking.

Just wondered how PVP's get compensated for their bookings? Anyone know if its based on # of days in cruise or price based of total cruise?

Pardon my ignorance but what is a PVP and do they work directly for Carnival?

Its a Personal Vacation Planner that works for carnival. If you call the 1-800 number you will get one. Some people use the same one so they get that PVP's extension and always book with the same person.

Thank you for the info - mystery solved. We booked on-line but next time I think we will phone.

Archived