2 Nt Cruise Formal Question?

tpmartin

I'm leaving for a quick fix getaway My 2 boys, my Mother (God Help Me :o ) LOL! and myself. I just found out that the second night of this 2 day is a formal. The boys and I usually rent Tuxedoes on the Normal 7 day cruises. But all along with this one I was just having us wear Black Pants and a Really nice Shirt, We do not own any suits. I think I'm going to be breaking one of my own rules which is to always whear a Tux on Formal Nights. I just can't beleive on a 2 night cruise to nowhere they have a formal night.

I hope if any of you are on the Triumph out of NY and you do not see us in a Tux or a Jacket, you do not give that ( You Idiot Stare :eek: ) LOL!!!!!!

Tom

I may get flamed for this but I agree with you. I do not see any reason to rent a tux for a two night cruise. It sounds like that you have it covered with what you are wearing. Go and have a great time and don't worry about what others think. I seriously doubt that you will be the only ones in this type of dress.

I may get flamed for this but I agree with you. I do not see any reason to rent a tux for a two night cruise. It sounds like that you have it covered with what you are wearing. Go and have a great time and don't worry about what others think. I seriously doubt that you will be the only ones in this type of dress.

I Agree with cruisingator....

sign11.gif

But all along with this one I was just having us wear Black Pants and a Really nice Shirt, We do not own any suits. I think I'm going to be breaking one of my own rules which is to always whear a Tux on Formal Nights.

Tom...along with a shirt/tie, you might want to consider a vest-type sweater. It won't take up much room...and it isn't that expensive. It's something you will wear after getting back from the cruise. And, if the Dining Room is cool [and they often are], the boys will thank you for this.

We just came back from a 7 night southern caribbean cruise on the Destiny and on both formal nights there only a handful of people (out of hundreds onboard) wearing tuxes. And nobody on the upper level where we were sitting was wearing one. My Dh was not brave enough to wear his on his own and just wore dark trousers and a shirt and tie and was still smarter than the guys in short sleeved shirts and the odd jeans that turned up!! Cruising just doesn't seem to be that formal anymore. A shame really as the women were in full length ball gowns and looked stunning. I wished the men had tried harder!

SIL & I won't say anything or stare if your boys aren't in tuxes, I was surprised there would be a formal nite on this cruise too. We aren't dressing up too much either, just palazzo pants and glittery tops.

Every one of you guys deserves this

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

jk

In this case Tom, I too think a tux is unnecessary. Even a suit for that matter. A 2 nt is just a little too short to even have a formal night. But it is Carnival's ship and I suppose they feel some cruisers will want one.

Either way, enjoy your getaway.

Tom,

We just returned from the CTN out of Norfolk this morning-I saw maybe 2 or 3 tuxes-the majority of those who chose to dress "formally" wore dark suits. My husband brought his suit this time-he usually brings his tux-and it was definitely the right choice. In fact, I found myself feeling a bit over dressed!! Most passengers did not dress formally and the dining rooms were not close to being full. It was a great cruise and the ship is beautiful. Have a wonderful time!!

Connie

The thing is that if it werent for this board I would not know there was a formal night on a 2 nt CTN. It doesnt say it anywhere in my cruise docs or on Carnival's website. Considering the small fraction of people who go on here compared to the numbers on the ship, how would anyone know there was a formal night? We actually like it, but not if we are the only ones dressed up and everyone else is walking around in shorts. As I recall on Carnival (its been a while) most people change after dinner anyway even on a 7 nighter.

Thanks everyone,

it's 4:50 a.m. here and I have to get the boys up so we can leave here by 6:30 and go pick up my mother in Jersey and head over to the ship. We are just going to Spit shine the shoes and have a good time :p and not worry about the 1 formal.

thanks again

Tom

The thing is that if it werent for this board I would not know there was a formal night on a 2 nt CTN. It doesnt say it anywhere on Carnival's website.
+

Not true.....

Anyone else looking for how many formal nights there are on a specific lengths cruise:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Formal_nights_in_the_Dining_Room.aspx

Cruises twice on a cruise to nowhere. He jsut wore a shirt and khaki pants. We have to carry our own luggage on and off so we wanted to keep it light. Carrying an extra garment bag jsut dont cut it for a weekend trip- Youwillbe fine with what you want to wear. I didnt see a lot of tuxes onour nowhere cruise. (Actually didnt see a lot of suits either

I think MrPeteRock sounds cool. Anyway, thats funny we are both transplants. We live in N. White Plains but we are in Valhalla schools.

As far as carrying your own luggage on these 2 day cruises, where does it say that? B/c that is something else I only know about b/c of this board. We leave on the Triumph tommorrow!!!

As far as carrying your own luggage on these 2 day cruises, where does it say that? B/c that is something else I only know about b/c of this board. We leave on the Triumph tommorrow!!!

I too only knew about it from the boards-- nothing is told to you about that when you book nor was it anywhere in the documents. Luggage is scanned and alcohol was confiscated. Transfer stuff in water bottles.

Archived