Thinking about Making a Switch

keijenxs

I've been with NCL twice now on the Epic and the Spirit and I couldn't fault either of them. I think the food is great, plenty of entertainment and the staff are so friendly. The cruise is what you make it. On the Spirit my family which consisted of myself (47), my mum and dad, my two daughters (18 & 19) and a boyfriend (23) went all out to do as many of the daytime activities as we could. We dressed up for the white hot party and the staff were impressed with our efforts. I would go NCL anytime.

We can only compare RCL and X, Princess and HAL. Have not and will not sail on Carnival.

We like NCL. We have sailed on Sky and Dawn-both were very nice! Food better than what RCL now serves.

Shows were good; staff wonderful. No complaints here!

We will continue to look at ports, pricing and the ships.

Would sail Princess and X also along with NCL.

Hello Everyone,

My family and I have only cruised with Carnival and we're thinking about trying Norwegian. Any thoughts? A little background information: I'm 31, DH 47, DS 11 & DS 8.

What ships are you looking at?

Variety is the spice of life.

By all means try NCL.Everyone has their own tastes when it comes to cruiselines to choose from.You will be able to compare your likes and dislikes between the two lines.We've been on fives different lines over the years and we have our own distinct feeling of what we like and what to expect.We have had very good experiences on all of our cruises.

Thanks so much for starting this thread! This is the same question that I was going to ask. I have been on Carnival's Holiday, Inspiration, Legend and Miracle and loved all my cruises. I am considering the Dawn and I wondered how it compared regarding food and entertainment. All the replies have been so helpful!

After 2 cruises with Carnival, we booked with NCL this year. I had a choice between that and Splendor, of course I'll choose the new ship! Money isn't the deciding factor, especially when you hear about the problems Carnival is having, I wouldn't book anything until they get their act together.

Next year we'll try Royal Caribbean again (it's been 7 years).

Bottom line though, we go with whichever cruiseline has the best itinerary at the time we normally cruise, which is limited to Spring and Fall school breaks (not summer or Christmastime).

We've done NCL and Disney in recent years (my earlier cruises were on RCI, but I was just a kiddo).

I MUCH prefer freestyle, to the point that we won't be doing Disney again, and we probably will avoid the other major lines. I find it creepy having the same waiter/waitress every night- I don't need a new best friend. I don't want you to try and read my mind. Just bring me the food that I order.

I also prefer being able to go eat when I want- which includes sitting at a private table. Again- I don't need forced cruise-line assigned friends in the form of "table mates". That's just awkward. We ended up skipping most of our dinners on the Disney cruise and just ordering room service because there's nothing more uncomfortable than being crammed at a table with 2 other couples you have nothing in common with during a THREE HOUR MEAL every night.

My vacation is about me. If I want to be social I make friends at the bar.

The first time we tried NCl, I was not use to the Freestyle Cruising and really didn't care for it too much. After that cruise we tried Carnival Legend again and boy did I miss the Freestyle. Since then we have only cruised NCL. We love being able to eat when we want, with who we want and where we want. The crew for us is so much better on NCL. We have never had a bad experience with the crew. They always seem to be happy and project that onto the passengers. No competition here with the crew. Hands down NCL has the best kids program. Now they even have circus lessons with the kids and the children put on a circus for the passengers in the main theater. Talk about a memory for them !!!!

Food.... I like NCL better. I am not much of a dessert person so what NCL offers is fine with me. NCL's themed nights like the Deck Party and White Hot Night are absolutely a blast! The 24 hour open restaurants like Blue Lagoon can't be beat for late night meals. The ships are always clean and in good shape.

Once you get use to NCL and Freestyling, it is very hard to sail any other way...... at least for us. As long as NCL keeps the passengers needs first, keeps thier crew happy and friendly, quality of food, kids program... we are sticking with them. :D

Hello Everyone,

My family and I have only cruised with Carnival and we're thinking about trying Norwegian. Any thoughts? A little background information: I'm 31, DH 47, DS 11 & DS 8.

Welcome aboard! Haven't read all the other responses but I imagine all of us here on the NCL board will say you'll love it. I haven't been on Carnival but we have been on other lines and we always have a better time on NCL. Good value for the money, great service, and a relaxed atmosphere that lets us all do what we want to do when we want to do it.

Archived