Spirit Penthouse Suites

1cruiselvr

I have been trying to upgrade our Spirit booking to a Penthouse (AC). But I just noticed that the deck plans for this category show Queen configuration for the bed. I am assuming that the LR couch folds out for another bed option. Am I wrong? Can anyone that stayed in this category on the Spirit advise if there are other bed options besides the queen bed? If there isn't, then my friend and I can forget trying to upgrade as we are good friends but not THAT close. :D :D Happy Sailing!

1cruiselvr,

We were in an AB room 10000 and that couch did not open up

to a pull out bed. The brought in a roller bed for my son instead.

I would think this could always be an option for the AC suites if

their couch does not open to a day bed. The main beds in these

suites AB and AC do not seperate into two small beds. The roller

bed wasnt too bad to sleep on. I did it for one night when my son

didnt want to sleep alone.

Good Luck

HLP

Oh gosh sounds like a penthouse suite upgrade is not a good idea for us unless one wants to sleep on a roll away bed which doesn't sound as comfy as the queen bed and would probably compromise the extra room we'd be paying for. Oh well, guess we will use the cash saved by not upgrading for shore excursions. Thanks!

You're safe. The stateroom description on NCL's website for an AC says 2 lower beds that convert to a queen. That's on the case on the Spirit - description of AC says queen bed configuration which means no option for change. Happy Sailing!

My friend & I were upgraded to Suite 10002 and the bed was a sofa bed. I know...I slept on it for 16 nights! (Panama Canal repositioning last October). This suite was wonderful for friends traveling together. We had privacy and this suite also had a 1/2 bath in foyer! Have fun!

So, in your opinion, is an AC on the Spirit a GREAT cabin??? Would you reccomend it? How WAS the sleeper sofa? Was it comfortable? I know that some are truly HORRIBLE!!! What was the main bathroom like? Was there a window looking out to the water next to the tub and shower? I ask these questions, because this past April we were in an AB on the Dawn and LOVED it!!! And I would like to go on the Spirit, but I was wondering about the space... My DD loved having her own room in the AB, I was wondering if she would have the same kind of privacy in an AC on the Spirit.... Are there doors or drapes that separate the bedroom from the living room?

Thanks!!

Suesan:) :) :)

So, in your opinion, is an AC on the Spirit a GREAT cabin??? Would you reccomend it? How WAS the sleeper sofa? Was it comfortable? I know that some are truly HORRIBLE!!! What was the main bathroom like? Was there a window looking out to the water next to the tub and shower? I ask these questions, because this past April we were in an AB on the Dawn and LOVED it!!! And I would like to go on the Spirit, but I was wondering about the space... My DD loved having her own room in the AB, I was wondering if she would have the same kind of privacy in an AC on the Spirit.... Are there doors or drapes that separate the bedroom from the living room?

Thanks!!

Suesan...Our cabin was in the corner front and we had 2 balconies. There is sign in your cabin that states the door to the front balcony should not be opened while moving. We went to a party with the Captain and co-Captain. I asked him about this rule and he said, "you paid for that great cabin..open the door and enjoy yourselves!". It sometimes could get very windy out there but during the Panama Canal transit it was wonderful. We invited over some new CC friends to watch with us. There were about 10-12 on the balcony!!

There is a door between the bedroom and living room. We were going to trade rooms after our first week, but I found the sofabed comfortable (I had asked and received an eggcrate topper) and decided to stay where I was. The only time I needed 'her' space was for hanging items in the closet and to use the shower. I had LOTS of space for all of my folded clothing and other items.

The main bathroom has no door from the bedroom, but the shower and toilet areas are behind glass doors. Double sinks in main bathroom again with lots of storage.

We really enjoyed our time on the Spirit and met many wonderful crew members. Everyone was very friendly. It may have something to do with many, many days at sea --my favorite! Champagne Charlies became our 'meeting' place since so many people pass by that spot. We met many from these CC boards and still keep in touch!

Have a great time!!

Thanks!!

Hi Suesan, Well you already know my opinion of the AC Suite and how much we enjoyed it. I can't answer the question on the sofa because we never even looked at it for sleeping on it. It was comfortable sitting on it. There was a huge picture window over the Whirlpool and floor to ceiling window in the shower. There are drapes that close off the bedroom area from the dressing/bathroom area. Plus, there are sliding doors that separate the living area from the bathroom/dressing area/bedroom area.

In Suite 10002 there were no draperies to separate the bathroom from the bedroom and the door to the living room (from the bedroom) was a solid door. We couldn't even hear each others TV's!

Crusingfrom MN..what Suite were you in? I understand that only the corner suites had the bath and 1/2 configuration and the brochures don't tell you that! What a nice surprise that was!!

Liner - I'm in 10002 this December. Can you describe the cabin layout and the balcony config? I'm sailing with friends in the adjoining 10006. I was in the Dawn Owner Suite and this layout sounds similiar. On Dawn, the front balcony had 2 lounge chairs and a small table. The side balcony had a round table with 4 chairs (great for breakfast on the balcony).

Can you describe where the balconies are and how they are laid out?

Thanks very much!

Sharon

Sharon, We've stayed in many suites and this is smaller than many but still VERY enjoyable. We had both a butler and conceirge available to us! We had a party one day for our new CC friends and they took care of all of it for us.

Front balcony. I don't think there was any furniture out there. You enter thru a door at the front then another door with a turning mechanism. We left both doors open much of the time to get the sea breezes in our cabin. If you open the door to the hallway, your room will turn into a mini tornado tho! The balcony door should be closed over if opening hall door!! I hung a map of our trip with sticky tack on the wall outside while going thru the Canal. We also took a couple of chairs from the dining area to sit on while out there.

The side balcony is very small. There is a built in bench placed widthwise which I used for my computer and GPS. There was also a chair and a chaise. You could probably ask for anything that you need.

Canapaes were brought in every afternoon. We never asked for any changes, since each day brought a new goodie!

The door to 10006 is next door to the hallway door, we often tried to go thru it...our neighbors probably didn't find it too humorous!:rolleyes:

The bar area was the only place that I could use the curling iron. All of the outlets were not Americanized! I brought a power strip--actually a small exention cord that took care of all my electrical needs. My camera, phone, computer, and curling iron. There was a hair dryer in the cabin but would take me much longer to use it... If you used anything over 500 watts...you'd blow a fuse in several cabins so they stress on TV and the daily papers to NOT use anything over that amount. Had to 'suffer' with their dryer! :p

Have a great time. I'd love to go on the Spirit again with my husband next time!

Thank you Liner. Yes... I know about the mini tornado from the Dawn Owner Suite. Same problem with the cross "breeze".

I'm very surprised there aren't chaise lounges out front. That is where I did all of my sunning.

After the rouge wave incident, I think I'll be extra careful with the front water tight door! I never realized that a wave could come up to Deck 10. Last cruise, I stood out on the front balcony (as best I could) watching the storms and rough seas. Won't be doing that again!

Did you notice the "see through" area to the next cabin (10001)? How bad was it?

Thanks again!

Sharon

In Suite 10002 there were no draperies to separate the bathroom from the bedroom and the door to the living room (from the bedroom) was a solid door. We couldn't even hear each others TV's!

Crusingfrom MN..what Suite were you in? I understand that only the corner suites had the bath and 1/2 configuration and the brochures don't tell you that! What a nice surprise that was!!

Hi,

We were in an AC - 10018. I believe your suite to be an AB. I joined in because Suesan was asking questions on the AC Suites. I hope someday to sail in one of the corner suites. They sound very nice.

Archived