Trying to get mental image of cruise pier at STT

CRUZ-AHOLIC

Can someone tell me about the cruise pier from the Mariner or other ship at its dock(I'm guessing it'll dock at Havensight dock in Charlotte) until I get into town?

I have booked the Atlantis Sub for 11:30, and will have some afternoon time to check out Paradise Point and Charlotte Amalie. I'm just trying to get an idea of what the whole area looks like. Thanks!

Cindy

Sovereign of the Seas-June 2002

Voyager of the Seas-April 2003-Read My Review Here http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=408097554&m=6323075917

Mariner of the Seas-May 30, 2004!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;05;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  Til we cruise on Mariner--woo hoo!

Havensight is a duty free outdoor shopping center. You just walk off the ship and it's a short stroll to all the shops. I believe that Paradise Point gondola is walkable and is located across the street.

You can also walk to downtown Charlotte Amalie, but it's quicker to take a cab. And, they're plentiful. Besides, you'll want to save all your strength for strolling through the town instead of to it. The walk to town from Havensight would probably take a good 20-25 minutes.

If you click on the NCL Sky link in my signature block, I have some photos from St. Thomas/St. John there. I have one panorama shot of Charlotte Amalie harbor taken from the ship and another one taken in Charlotte Amalie that shows ships docked at Havensight.

Linda grin.gif

NCL Sky - 1/03

NCL Sun - 1/02

Archived