How early can you book shore excursions?

We are travelling on the AOS on 12/4/05 and have tried to book some shore excursions but I get a message that I will need to book onboard. Do you know when the reservations open? I thought that it was 6 months prior to the cruise date but we are less than 6 months now.

Have you made your final payment yet?

If you have made your final payment, then there should be no reason why you cannot book your excursion (unless they believe they may change prior to your cruise).

If you haven't made final payment yet, I would be surprised if they did let you reserve your excursion(s).

Howard

According to another thread, they are rebidding their contracts for the Caribbean, so it will be a couple of months before they are available. One person said they were told they wouldn't be available until October.

You can book your shore excursions before final payment. You are charged on your credit card right away. I booked all our excursions on-line before final payment for our upcoming cruise on the Jewel, June 20th.

SeaBaby

This may sound like a dumb question, but can you book excursions once onboard? The reason I ask is I'm having minor surgery two weeks before our sailing and won't know for sure what excursion I'll be feeling up to until I'm actually on the ship.

You can always purchase shore excursions onboard - if you are going to do that, be sure to book as soon as you board - many excursions book fast or could be sold out prior to the cruise. There is an interactive TV screen to do your excursions. I prefer to book on-line so that I know that I have my choice and don't have to settle for whats left.

Archived