Anyone ever used a travel bed or co-sleeper on cruise

nicolen1101

We will be traveling with our daughter that will be 8 months at the time of the cruise and our 5 year old. We have a balcony cabin on the Enchantment of the seas. I was thinking instead of a pack n play maybe bringing a co-sleeper or travel bed and putting it on the sofa bed with my 5 year old son. I worry that a pack n play wouldn't fit even with him sleeping on the sofa (not turned into a bed). I was thinking about this one maybe Summer Infant Deluxe Infant Travel Bed http://www.target.com/p/summer-infant-deluxe-infant-travel-bed/-/A-13970096?reco=Rec|pdp|13970096|TargetClickEV|item_page.vertical_1&lnk=Rec|pdp|TargetClickEV|item_page.vertical_1

My daughter is 8 months old now and is very small for her age (wears 3 month size clothing). I have a summer infant cosleeper and has outgrown it. Physically she fits but she is way too active at 8 months to be safe in it now. I plan on getting the kidco peapod travelbed. It seems like it has a bit more space and gets good reviews.

I would just use the their Play yard. The ships are used to figuring out where to put them and you must have picked a cabin that sleeps 4 so there should be room (although tight).

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Life+Onboard&faqId=321&faqSubjectId=334&faqType=faq

I read where those were being recalled and pulled off shelves due to deaths.

I had read that too, but it was my understanding that the reported incident were due to people using them incorrectly (not securing pad in the designated enclosed space but placing it in the pod with the baby causing risk for suffocation). But the pods themself are still sold at major retailers (babies r us, amazon, etc). Many of the incidents with alot of these products seem to be due to human error and not an issue with the actual product, buts still unfortunate in any case.

When we travelled with our 6 month old boy who was fairly well built for his age we used a BabyBjörn Travel Cot Light.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/BabyBj%C3%B6rn-Travel-Cot-Light-Black/dp/B0053YBWKK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363686050&sr=8-1

It isn't cheap but for a period we were travelling with him every week so it was used many times.

We asked our room attendent for a cot mattress to put underneath so he was raised off the floor slightly.

If you do go with the pack and play.... It will fit with the pull out couch not pulled out like you mentioned. There is about 1 ft on either side or at least there was on the Oasis. We took our little guy when he was 9 months. It worked out well with the pack and play. Bring your own sheet.

My daughter is 8 months old now and is very small for her age (wears 3 month size clothing). I have a summer infant cosleeper and has outgrown it. Physically she fits but she is way too active at 8 months to be safe in it now. I plan on getting the kidco peapod travelbed. It seems like it has a bit more space and gets good reviews.

fyi on the kidco peapod travel bed: http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2013/Suffocation-Entrapment-Risks-Prompt-Recall-of-PeaPod-Travel-Tents-by-KidCo/

We sailed in a balcony room on Enchantment with our 19 month old. The PnP was fine, and there is plenty of room in the cabin to fit it, even if someone is sleeping on the couch. There might even be enough room between the bed and the couch, which would keep all the sleeping surfaces in line along one wall and maximize the available floorspace. Your stateroom attendant will be very willing to work with you on the best place to put the PnP.

Several years ago, we cruised with a travel pack and play. I was glad that I did. We drove to port, so baggage was not a problem. Here is a picture. We had a royal family suite on RCL. The is the second (inside) bedroom in our suite. My DH was trying to get DD to sleep and instead he went to sleep.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364581216.400379.jpg.d6dd9e6b13471d8644dd2ea17733c4f8.jpg

Archived