Dont know which fare structure we are booked under and we have over a $200 drop?

stiej

I left a msg with my PVP but I thought I would ask here to see if you guys could offer any insight. I am not sure which fare we are booked under. I didnt see it listed on my reservation. We are on the fascination 3/30 and the price today dropped significantly over $200 for each of our 2 cabins. Is there any way to tell what fare structure we are under? Will we be able to get any type of OBC with this? Thank you for any help!

I left a msg with my PVP but I thought I would ask here to see if you guys could offer any insight. I am not sure which fare we are booked under. I didnt see it listed on my reservation. We are on the fascination 3/30 and the price today dropped significantly over $200 for each of our 2 cabins. Is there any way to tell what fare structure we are under? Will we be able to get any type of OBC with this? Thank you for any help!

On the 4th page of my CabinConfirmation (email) under GUEST NOTES it comments about Early Saver terms.

Check your CabinConfirmation email.

Guess we dont have early saver then :( It just says save $400 on virtually every cabin. I will see what my PVP says when he calls. Maybe we could get an upgrade? I doubt we will be able to get connecting cabins though less than 2 wks out.

I am on Fascination April 13, and also noticed the huge price drops. I called Carnival yesterday. I had booked online, and was unfamiliar with all the various options. I just selected one that made sense to me. Anyway, the rep on the phone said I could not take advantage of the price drop, because I had not booked the "early saver". I am a past guest, so I asked why I could not just get the past guest rate they are now offereing which is $70/pp less than I paid. Again, she said there is nothing she can do. If I weren't already inside the cancellation penalty time frame, I would have cancelled, and then re-booked. In any event, I don't care what cost category you initially booked. If you are a past guest, they should lower your fare whenever the ship isn't full, and they are trying to fill up those rooms. Two years ago, the same situation happened on Princess. They readily reduced my fare with no questions. This may be my last cruise with Carnival.

I am on Fascination April 13, and also noticed the huge price drops. I called Carnival yesterday. I had booked online, and was unfamiliar with all the various options. I just selected one that made sense to me. Anyway, the rep on the phone said I could not take advantage of the price drop, because I had not booked the "early saver". I am a past guest, so I asked why I could not just get the past guest rate they are now offereing which is $70/pp less than I paid. Again, she said there is nothing she can do. If I weren't already inside the cancellation penalty time frame, I would have cancelled, and then re-booked. In any event, I don't care what cost category you initially booked. If you are a past guest, they should lower your fare whenever the ship isn't full, and they are trying to fill up those rooms. Two years ago, the same situation happened on Princess. They readily reduced my fare with no questions. This may be my last cruise with Carnival.

2years ago you could on Carnival as well. I don't think you can on either line now.

We are sailing on the Dream June 1 and the prices have dropped quite a bit so I called also the get at least an OBC due to the price drops....alas, no can do because we won the cruise playing bingo and upgraded from oceanview to balcony and paid for the upgrade. Oh well, I thought I would try at least!

Only early saver gets rate reductions. Since your cruise is in 2 weeks and you just booked February 26th you can't be early saver.

Who knows maybe your PVP can pull a rabbit out of their hat.

Good Luck :)

Bill

I am booked under past guest, final payment due tomorrow. I already paid it off. I called today because I saw a lower rate, about 100. The rep found me a lower rate $242 so I am very happy.

Good deal!

If they didn't give you the price you could have just canceled and got a full refund and rebooked at the lower price.:)

Bill

Archived