Magen's bay or sapphire beach?

Mhurst

We much prefer Sapphire for less crowds, nicer water and island views, snorkeling, and just overall character.

Coki is probably the nicest beach but has a busier vibe because it's a much smaller bay. We stay at the Sapphire Resort and that is a beautiful beach for a day.

Been to both, Magen's Bay in 2011 and Sapphire Beach last Tuesday. I'd return to Sapphire Beach before I'd return to Magen's Bay.

The drive there is sort of crazy, but the color of the water alone is worth the drive. It was fairly crowded when we were there, especially near the surf shack. Not the greatest bathroom facilities, but plenty of needed shade for

all. Beers were $4, rum punch $5. Drive was about 30 minutes each way and the driver stopped at a lookout point on the way back. Great view of the ships.

Yes the restaurant and pool bar are closed at the resort but there are a few food and drink options. The beer and rum are cheaper at the dive center but the mahi mahi sandwich at the Banana Cabana beach grill is great. The bathrooms are actually some of the nicest public beach restrooms I've seen but when there are many ppl they do get used. Sapphire is generally not that crowded except close to the dive center. Plenty of shade along the shore.

When you mention Sapphire Beach dive center, I'm assuming we could rent snorkel gear while there?? If so, does anyone have an idea of the cost?? We'll be on a cruise in 2 weeks and looking for options.

Yes snorkel gear, lounges, floats, stand-up paddle boards, kayaks, and their beer and rumpunches are cheaper than at the Banana Cabana beach grill. There are jet-ski rentals at the Sapphire Marina. Sorry I can't help with the cost of the snorkel gear but I'm sure it's typical...

Archived