Coki or Saphire???

casidy_123

I don't know which one to choose. I know at coki there are lockers for rent at coralworld, but what about saphire? I will have my videocamera and I don't trust thoes little cases that say they are waterproof so I will also have all my docs with me. I don't want to leave them on the beach unattended.I am taking the godfrey tour. Could I leave my things in the safari? Will it be locked?

Any suggestions?

Carnival Glory 10/16/04
Carnival Paradise 09/28/03

Godfrey can answer the locker question for you. He also locks things up in his vehicle for you. You can safely leave your documents in there. This way, you'll only have the video camera to worry about.

Linda [img]http://www.omsoft.com/danq/smilies/grin.gif[/img]
[url="http://mywebpages.comcast.net/richtersl/cruiseindex.html"]NCL Sky - 1/03[/url]
[url="http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/clr/cruise/cruiseindex.html"]NCL Sun - 1/02[/url]

You can rent the lockers at Coral World if you are visiting Coral World. If you aren't then you can't just do the lockers. Saphire I don't believe has lockers. Safari buses are open air converted trunks so the only place they can be locked up is in the cab where the driver sits and there are actually doors to lock.

--Islander
VInow.com

• 9 months later...
Hello Islander: my dh and myself will be on the carnival legend and in st. thomas on 7/12/05 my dh is playing golf at mahogany run and will return to the ship at 12:30 or 1Pm - can you suggest what we can do from 1pm to 5pm - ship leaves at 6:00 - should we just get a taxi and do an island tour and probably a little shopping, we may not have time for beaches - I have read on the boards there are numerous taxis at the pier - I have checked with tour operators and they all leave by 12:00 - one of the operators suggested we pick my husband up at Mahognany Run which we may do - what do you suggest. thanks, rita

Coki Beach was about a 15 minute ride from the pier, I think the cab fare was $8 each way.

There is never a shortage of taxi's at the pier, you can negotiate with any of them for a tour.

We went to Coki. It was just ok. We should have gone to Magens Bay but they don't have water sports there and the people with us wanted to jet ski. There was a lot of seaweed stuff in the water.

I've been to both places. Coki does have facilities, and snack bar. but it is crowded with cruise ship pasengers, also there are not as many fish as there used to be( it is a good beginner snorkling spot though). Sapphire beach is beautiful, great snorkling right from the beach(at least there was a few years ago) no lockers, but it is a resort, you may find someone to watch your things. As for me (April 9 Constellation)I'm going to either head to St. John(great snorkling at Trunk Bay) or relax at the Ritz Carlton for the day.

• 2 weeks later...
I have to agree with the earlier poster..go to St. Johns and Trunk Bay. I have been to all 3 beaches and Coki and Sapphire are NOTHING compared to Trunk Bay. I have also been to Megan's Bay which was beautiful but there is nothing like Trunk Bay. While you do have to make a bit more of an effort to get there, ( a short ferry ride) it is well worth it and not a hassle at all. Just be sure to get on the ferry on the way back with time to spare and you will be fine. We did this traveling with 16 people and we had no problem. We even had time left to shop at STT when we took the ferry back, just get off your ship asap and head to St. John and after a few hours head back in time to browse STT. I am planning a land vacation to St. John next year it was that beautiful. We were just really disapointed that we skipped Trunk Bay this year to see what STT's beaches were like. There is simply no comparison.

Archived