Holland or Carnival?

DnA151826

We just got off the Legend in Feb.

The Crow's Nest was the thing I missed most on ships other than HAL and Cunard.

The Legend staff - both cabins and MDR- were very good.

The entrees were marginal. The salads and apps were good for the most part.The Lido deck buffet was fine. ALL deserts were good :p

The rooms weren't fancy but fine and clean. We had a veranda - showers only except suites.

The passengers on HAL are a bit more "restrained" than on Carnival.

I like hot room service breakfast, i like room service from the mdr, i like sofas and bathtubs, i like to bring more than 2 wine bottles. I like having cabanas on ships, and the lido cabanas under the retractable roof would be perfect for the baltics. HAL would be my choice.

I love carnival for desserts and mongolian grill. Thats about it.

I like to use the analogy of Nordstrom and Target. HAL is Nordstrom and Carnival is Target. Both fine retail establishments, and I shop at both. However, I walk into each store looking for different things and with a different set of expectations.

Sometimes my choices are dictated by my wallet.

Roz

I like to use the analogy of Nordstrom and Target. HAL is Nordstrom and Carnival is Target. Both fine retail establishments, and I shop at both. However, I walk into each store looking for different things and with a different set of expectations.

Sometimes my choices are dictated by my wallet.

Roz

Good analogy!

I do agree that the cruise region will definitely change the "flavor" of Carnival, but you won't see us on a Carnival ship again. We have enjoyed cruising on NCL and RCCL in the past. While HAL remains our first choice, we will be trying Celebrity for the first time later this year.

Archived