does anyone else have this problem

There are some days that I am just "in a mood" that even my favorite clothes don't feel like they fit right, so what should I do about clothes for dinner, should I pack a couple extra outfits just in case, right now we have 1 suitcase, a garment bag and a carryon, so we have extra room in the luggage. This "mood" has happened when I am home getting ready for date night with my husband and almost refused to go out LOL.

I know what you mean. Some days nothing looks right.

I always bring a few extra outfits so I have a choice, and I also bring some things in a bigger size for the end of the cruise when nothing fits. I think its the sea air that shrinks all my clothes :)

There are some days that I am just "in a mood" that even my favorite clothes don't feel like they fit right, so what should I do about clothes for dinner, should I pack a couple extra outfits just in case, right now we have 1 suitcase, a garment bag and a carryon, so we have extra room in the luggage. This "mood" has happened when I am home getting ready for date night with my husband and almost refused to go out LOL.

I get that same feeling. If you have the space (and weight) in your luggage, go for it.

I get that same feeling. If you have the space (and weight) in your luggage, go for it.

---------------------

u made comments on my other post about clothing just thought i would let u know that i have lost enough weight that now i can fit comfortably into a long back evening dress that i absolutely adore thanks for the encouragement

:)

I know what you mean. Some days nothing looks right.

I always bring a few extra outfits so I have a choice, and I also bring some things in a bigger size for the end of the cruise when nothing fits. I think its the sea air that shrinks all my clothes :)

lol yeah i dont know how the clothes shrinkage HAPPENS either :rolleyes:

Nope, what I pack is what is worn, no extra "what if" clothing. I even send a couple things out for dry cleaning and wash underwear in the sink midway through the cruise so I don't have to pack so much (or take home stinky week old dirty underwear).

I know....the horror :eek:

I started packing this way long before there were luggage weight restrictions or baggage fees. I just got weary of separating clean from dirty and having so much to organize (on both ends of travel). At first it was a bit scary, but after the first trip packing lighter I saw how simple it was. I don't plan by night or excursion or anything...just take X amount of shorts, X amount of dresses, X amount of tops, etc... and decide what I want to wear when I'm standing there.

I did not say I can pack in a carry on, that's for makeup, hairbrushes and electronics :p Never in a million years could I go without all that stuff.

I do pack an extra outfit for day and for night. A spare dress and tank top doesn't take up much room and everything fits nicely into my one checked bag and one carryon. I like a choice and I want to be able to change if I spill something!

To answer the question posted by the OP, yes, bring a few extra things, preferably, "favorites". This way, you will feel more apt to wear them when you know they are your go to clothes.

For another reason, I say to bring a few extra things. I don't back a ton of extra outfits, but I definitely pack a few. Depending on what you bring, washing may not work out well, and I happened to go to Bermuda two years in a row, during August. Boy, was it ever hot! All my clothes were a sweaty mess each day.

I do the same thing... I always bring extra pieces/options for when I am just not on the mood to wear what I decided on weeks ago. I like to be able to make a more spur of the moment decision. My husband feels the same with with his stuff too.

I do the same thing... I always bring extra pieces/options for when I am just not on the mood to wear what I decided on weeks ago. I like to be able to make a more spur of the moment decision. My husband feels the same with with his stuff too.

That sums up my philosophy also, especially if I am uncertain about the ship or the weather. On some ships folks seem dressier and on some ships folks seem more casual.

I may have to adjust my clothing, not so much for day, but for night based on what the general tone of the ship turns out to be. I never seem to know for sure until I get on baord what the majority of passengers are doing. I like to blend in and not stand out with my clothes.

Archived