Gatwick Express

Is it just as easy to get 4 tickets for the train from Gatwick Airport to Victoria Station or is it better to buy them over the internet before we go? I have about a 21 hour layover, so we'll each just have a small suitcase/carry-on. We're staying at the Ruben's hotel across the street from Buckingham Palace which I'm told is a very close and easy walk from Victoia Station. Thanks so much!

There's no particular reason to buy them before you go. It's very easy to buy them at Gatwick when you get there. I don't think there's any price advantage. The only real difference is that if it's busy, you may have to queue - but if you're not in a screaming hurry, then a few minutes isn't going to make much difference. However, you then have the advantage of maximising your flexibility and also of not worrying about whether the tickets will actually turn up in the post.

If you are four adults travelling together, don't forget that there's a 4-for-2 offer on the GEX - see this page on the Gatwick Express site.

I wonder if this is only a web deal?
No - if you look at that page, it'll tell you how you can buy it from the ticket office. In fact, the one thing it's not explicit about is that you can book it online as well - you have to start the online booking process to find that.

Archived