Gluten Free On Majesty

I have just received a phone call from after travel services about the letter I sent them about the problems hubby had on the Majesty.

He was ill on board and a couple of times (that we knew to) had been given the wrong meal. Also the only choice of desserts he had were cheese with a piece of walnut OR a grape and ice cream. This was the only cruise he has been on and lost weight.:(

The outcome of the phone call was that they are getting in touch with the management team on board and making sure the staff get the training they need about this diet. Also that cheese or ice cream every day is not acceptable (thank goodness we weren't on for 2 weeks).

So hopefully the Majesty will now be brought inline with the fantastic service on the other ships and no-one else should be ill.

I have just received a phone call from after travel services about the letter I sent them about the problems hubby had on the Majesty.

He was ill on board and a couple of times (that we knew to) had been given the wrong meal. Also the only choice of desserts he had were cheese with a piece of walnut OR a grape and ice cream. This was the only cruise he has been on and lost weight.:(

The outcome of the phone call was that they are getting in touch with the management team on board and making sure the staff get the training they need about this diet. Also that cheese or ice cream every day is not acceptable (thank goodness we weren't on for 2 weeks).

So hopefully the Majesty will now be brought inline with the fantastic service on the other ships and no-one else should be ill.

That's a very positive response (as indeed it should be!) so hopefully others won't experience the problems your DH encountered. It's good to know they take such things seriously - you and several other posters have given such good reports on previous trips that it would be a great pity for Majesty not to deliver in the same way - to say nothing of the potential problems/distress which could be caused for passengers with particular dietary needs.

That's a good response..at least you got a reply. Shall I check it out for you?

I have just booked a week's cruise on Majesty on 12th April 2013. Yes 3 weeks on Friday! :D:). Talked about it to a friend yesterday and she seemed keen so got the onLine Thomson price and asked her this morning if she really wanted to go. Then we asked another of the "Let Loose Women" and she is coming too. No AI this time cos no DH to help out!

With Dreamgirl's advice we got a good discount on an already well discounted price in outside plus deck 4. Sooooo excited again!

That's a good response..at least you got a reply. Shall I check it out for you?

I have just booked a week's cruise on Majesty on 12th April 2013. Yes 3 weeks on Friday! :D:). Talked about it to a friend yesterday and she seemed keen so got the onLine Thomson price and asked her this morning if she really wanted to go. Then we asked another of the "Let Loose Women" and she is coming too. No AI this time cos no DH to help out!

With Dreamgirl's advice we got a good discount on an already well discounted price in outside plus deck 4. Sooooo excited again!

Oh excellent Jacky! Well done! now, do you remember how to put your new countdown clock on? :D:D:D

Hi Mary, glad you got a response and hopefully a good outcome :)

Are you feeling better? Jan (ekco) is really poorly and has been confined to bed with a terrible cough. Just going to email her to see how she is today.

Are you feeling better? Jan (ekco) is really poorly and has been confined to bed with a terrible cough. Just going to email her to see how she is today.

Hi Linda

Just jumping in on this thread after seeing your post. I was just thinking about Jan last night and wondering why we had not heard from her lately. I hope she is on the mend. Best wishes to her and get well soon.

Jan:)

ps. Might be better to set up another thread with get well wishes for her. Here or IE?

Poor Jan, send her my best wishes in your email and hope she feels better soon.

Oh excellent Jacky! Well done! now, do you remember how to put your new countdown clock on? :D:D:D

Will do it later! When I get the instructions out. :rolleyes:

Cannot believe what I have done today. It will be a different holiday to the one with DH. We will definitely be up on the stage dancing every night!

Wonder who draws the short straw for the top bunk! :eek::D

Yes Linda and Kruzseeker very pleased with the response and hopefully things will improve for other people.

I am feeling a lot better thank you Linda but still cannot get rid of it. My cough is finally going, it's been terrible. Hope Jan starts to pick up soon.

Glad they are listening - we have always been so well looked after on the Celebration & Spirit with the gluten free diet & I know of someone else who was catered for well on the Dream. Seems like they are taking it seriously, so they should do. Just hope the message does get through - after your experience, we would be very reluctant to cruise Majesty until I have heard of someone who has been catered for properly.

Did they offer you anything nice in form of an apology for your next cruise? (I hope you told them you will be on the Celebration again this year!)

Glad they are listening - we have always been so well looked after on the Celebration & Spirit with the gluten free diet & I know of someone else who was catered for well on the Dream. Seems like they are taking it seriously, so they should do. Just hope the message does get through - after your experience, we would be very reluctant to cruise Majesty until I have heard of someone who has been catered for properly.

Did they offer you anything nice in form of an apology for your next cruise? (I hope you told them you will be on the Celebration again this year!)

Hi Jules we have been on the Dream and it was the same as the other two really well catered for. I was really pleased I got the phone call it's a lot easier to talk to someone and she did listen and I got a very positive response.

I did say we were on the Celebration in June and no I didn't get anything nice offered just got the apology. I did'nt expect anything anyway but at least the Majesty should be ok soon for others.:)

Jan says thankyou for all for your good wishes :) She is a bit better, but she says she thought the cough was going the other day, then it came back :(

Hi Linda if you get in touch with ekco again could you mention that I hope she is better soon from me too?

Thanks, Carole

Hi Linda if you get in touch with ekco again could you mention that I hope she is better soon from me too?

Thanks, Carole

Hi Carole, will do! I can't email anyone at the moment. Hotmail seems to be down at the moment. It's been down since this morning. Anyone else having trouble with it?

Hi Jules we have been on the Dream and it was the same as the other two really well catered for. I was really pleased I got the phone call it's a lot easier to talk to someone and she did listen and I got a very positive response.

I did say we were on the Celebration in June and no I didn't get anything nice offered just got the apology. I did'nt expect anything anyway but at least the Majesty should be ok soon for others.:)

Aww, shame - the least they could have done would be to bake you a nice gluten free cake lol!!!

Yes that would have been nice:)

Although......when we were on the Celebration last year, it was my Dad's 70th so we ordered a "cake" then a bottle of sparkling wine for my husband's birthday, with which they gave us a "cake" - it was lovely of them to make the effort but the "cakes" were actually very sweet, sickly meringues covered in sweet, sickly cream. By the time it came to our Blessing in the same week, which comes with a ...... "cake", we really just could not face another sweet meringue! The thought & effort was there but we will definitely stick to sparkling wine this year for my husband's birthday & will give the cake a miss!!!!!

Although......when we were on the Celebration last year, it was my Dad's 70th so we ordered a "cake" then a bottle of sparkling wine for my husband's birthday, with which they gave us a "cake" - it was lovely of them to make the effort but the "cakes" were actually very sweet, sickly meringues covered in sweet, sickly cream. By the time it came to our Blessing in the same week, which comes with a ...... "cake", we really just could not face another sweet meringue! The thought & effort was there but we will definitely stick to sparkling wine this year for my husband's birthday & will give the cake a miss!!!!!

Know what you mean they really make an effort but Kev's not that bothered about dessert for every meal but he felt as if he had to eat everything they gave him.

Just got home and checked Linda, no problem now.
It has now come back as "outlook" I typed a long email to Jan, but it wouldn't let me send it without signing in again. I thought I had saved it to drafts, but no, the whole thing had disappeared - grrrrrrr:( Why do they keep messing about with things? Just as you get used to them they change it. I need a holiday :D:D

Thanks everyone for your good wishes.:) Three weeks tomorrow and still not better, I won't forget that cruise in a hurry.:eek: Forget Norovirus and Dengue Fever they need to give information about this awful virus but then again everyone takes it home with them so why bother. My husband, who is never ill, has been quite poorly and I think we had it so bad because we were cooped up on a coach for 4 hours with the woman who was coughing and sneezing every 2 minutes right out into the open air and not into a tissue. I dread to think what would happen to the very elderly if they caught this. Listen out for the cough, very distinctive, if you are going on the Majesty and walk quickly away in the opposite direction.

Still, onwards and upwards, I hope to be back soon.:):)

Jan

Hi Jan

Lovely to hear from you. So sorry you have both been so poorly and it soon shifts completely. Let's hope we get some better weather in the near future to aid your recovery. Take care.

Jan:)

Thanks Jan, I'm so bored with it.:) The cold doesn't help that's for sure.

Jan

Archived