Best way to get wine onboard

clott

We are flying to San Juan to leave on the jewel. What would be the best way to carry my 2 bottles of wine. Don't think they will let me carry them on. Just trying to find the easiest way since we are flying in the day of our cruise. Thanks for any ideas.

They will let you carry them on and I woould suggest that you do so. When I was on Independence two weeks ago, people who had their alotted two bottles in their luggage found that the bags had been confiscated. They had to go down to deck 1 and show that it was actually wine that they had in the bags.

Check them for your flight and before you transfer to the ship move them from your checked bag to your carry on.

Yes, do exactly this. Put them in the cardboard wine boxes and cushion them with your clothes. Make sure to let the airline know when you check your luggage, so that they dont rifle thru all your stuff later. We actually unlocked our suitcase and verified to the security crew that it was booze, then he allowed us to re-lock it. We had no problems at all. We then carried it onboard the ship in a shopping bag.

Carry it on. Read this current thread to see what will happen if it ends up in your checked luggage :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1810724

Must be hit or miss, or maybe I am just lucky. But I have sailed 7 times with Royal Caribbean and I have always packed 2 bottles of wine in my check in luggage. So far I have not had any problems at all and my bags have always been delivered safely with my wine intact. Since I don't have locks on my bag, who knows, maybe they saw them on the scanner openned it up and noticed it was wine and went on their merry way.

Must be hit or miss, or maybe I am just lucky. But I have sailed 7 times with Royal Caribbean and I have always packed 2 bottles of wine in my check in luggage. So far I have not had any problems at all and my bags have always been delivered safely with my wine intact. Since I don't have locks on my bag, who knows, maybe they saw them on the scanner openned it up and noticed it was wine and went on their merry way.

Maybe I misunderstood, but I think the OP is asking how she gets her wine to San Juan aboard the plane, which she will then take on her cruise. I said to pack them in her luggage for the flight, then carry them onboard the cruise in her hand, as the poster above me suggested also. I dont know that the airline will allow you to hand-carry that much liquid onboard in your carryon.

Archived