Triumph and Sunshine News

Seriously? People are all b*tching that Carnival needs to improve their maintenance, etc and when they do that, people complain. I guess it is correct that some people are never happy.

I have read so many threads on this board about how Carnival needs to step up to the plate and take care of their maintenance and when they do, people still complain. How do you expect them to do the work and take care of the issues without cancelling a few cruises?

I applaud Carnival for stepping up and doing what everyone seems to be screaming for. While I would not be happy if they cancelled my cruise in October, I sure would understand if they were doing it so what happened with the Triumph did not happen to another ship.

Absolutely there are people that are never happy. I wish companies would stop catering to that bunch, and let em stew in their misery!

Also, to your comments on maintenance. You are right people on these boards have spewed those comments, and yet somehow they believe, and others believe that they know what they are talking about. These people are speculating at best, and no one should pay any attention to them.

I prefer facts, and even though I will never claim to have all the facts! The truth is things go wrong even with the best of intentions... and in the case of mechanical failures, with the best maintenance records.

:rolleyes:

The way it's going they may as well just use her for Navy submarine practice, sink it for a fish reef, so at least it would be useful for something..I am starting to wonder about our Oct cruise on it..

Haha, or sink her and charge for a new Carnival Snuba

excursion?!? :)

Absolutely there are people that are never happy. I wish companies would stop catering to that bunch, and let em stew in their misery!

Also, to your comments on maintenance. You are right people on these boards have spewed those comments, and yet somehow they believe, and others believe that they know what they are talking about. These people are speculating at best, and no one should pay any attention to them.

I prefer facts, and even though I will never claim to have all the facts! The truth is things go wrong even with the best of intentions... and in the case of mechanical failures, with the best maintenance records.

:rolleyes:

You are WAAAAY too logical for this group. KNOCK IT OFF and make stupid comments !!:D

As I posted on one of the original threads in February, it will take more than 60 days to fix the Triumph because they have to sanitize and remove rooms. On the plus side, this will give them the time needed to do the job right, not just bandaid it and send it back into service.

Anybody out there have a yacht? My "girls weekend cruise" has been cancelled twice now. :cool: You might say "our ship HAS NOT come in" :D

So much for my last upgrade (level 2 Ocean view to Deck 8 - Balcony) All the cruises on line now, have NO Balconies left. :eek:

Anybody out there have a yacht? My "girls weekend cruise" has been cancelled twice now. :cool: You might say "our ship HAS NOT come in" :D

So much for my last upgrade (level 2 Ocean view to Deck 8 - Balcony) All the cruises on line now, have NO Balconies left. :eek:

I feel your pain. I was going for a girls weekend too, with my sis in law...her first cruise. I haven't told her yet. She's going to be a sad little critter. Although, I warned her when we booked that one that there was a chance this would happen. Hopefully she won't cry too much.

If you're looking for a Balcony, there's a suite available for the weekend before on the one that goes out of New Orleans. With your 25% discount, you may be able to swing it for about the same price. Good luck!!

I just caught this. The Sunshine has cancelled it's 1st 2 cruises:(. Man, I feel so bad for all those who had scheduled. I bet they are each out a bit of money, and the loss of time that I'm sure that they had plans for :(. I think Carnival should have tried to have planned this out better and informed people sooner. I don't know.......

I just caught this. The Sunshine has cancelled it's 1st 2 cruises:(. Man' date=' I feel so bad for all those who had scheduled. I bet they are each out a bit of money, and the loss of time that I'm sure that they had plans for :(. I think Carnival should have tried to have planned this out better and informed people sooner. I don't know.......[/quote']

An additional 10 sailings of Carnival Triumph have been canceled; the ship will return to service June 3, rather than April 18. Passengers on the affected voyages will receive full refunds, reimbursement of nonrefundable transportations costs and 25 percent discounts on future four- to five-day cruises.

The two initial sailings of Carnival Sunshine also have been canceled; the ship will debut May 5 instead of April 12. Passengers scheduled on the canceled cruises will receive full refunds, reimbursement of all nonrefundable travel costs and 25 percent discounts on a future cruises.

First, I think it is agains the rules here to call people idiots...

Now , my question is, do both of these ships sail from NO?

Also, I would be very appreciative if they could get the maintenance schedules posted BEFORE I book my air. We are cruising in late Sept/oct.

Bringing two new cruisers with us... we think. I really don't want to cancel.. but want to make sure I am on a ship :D

Now , my question is, do both of these ships sail from NO?

Also, I would be very appreciative if they could get the maintenance schedules posted BEFORE I book my air. We are cruising in late Sept/oct.

Bringing two new cruisers with us... we think. I really don't want to cancel.. but want to make sure I am on a ship :D

Triumph sails from Galveston and DestnShine is relocating to NOLA

If they are doing redundancy they have to put up some new bulkheads between the engine bays. Besides the rewiring and rerouting of cables.

If it only takes 3 weeks on the DestnShine what are the other issues they are running into on the Triumph:confused:

Or they just going to upgrade 2.0 at the same and surprise everyone;)

Just to clarify all that they really need to do is add a second fire suppression system.

Sorry. I know that my post will probably be removed, but it's sad that posts including another user's stupid politics into a debate on Carnival's maintenance policies will stay.

My thoughts exactly. The people who complain that Carnival is soooo substandard and soooo unsafe will be the same people who will criticize this move.

I couldn't agree with you more.

I agree with this as well. Carnival can't win with some people no matter what Carnival does. But I usually just ignore those people, I consider them irrelevant.

Sorry. I know that my post will probably be removed, but it's sad that posts including another user's stupid politics into a debate on Carnival's maintenance policies will stay.

Politics are verboten as well...

Tom

More than likely you will not receive any word from Carnival.

They can't ever seem to get word out. You always end up finding things out here on CC

I agree with this. I found out that my Carnival Legend was canceled through USA Today, which was even several days after the news was here on CC. Since then, I thought it in my best interest to spend more times on these boards.

Just to clarify all that they really need to do is add a second fire suppression system.

If all they want to do is the minimum

But If the want to bring it up to new standards of redundancy dont they need to more than that

Archived