How do I know if there has been a price decrease?

Regina48

My husband and I have our next cruised booked for July. We are in the process of paying it off, and will in a month. How do you know if there has been a price decrease on your cruise? Does Carnival tell you? Do I look somewhere? Does it come after the cruise has been paid for in full?

Thanks!

People do a mock booking to see what the current rates are or check Carnival's fare viewer, but the web site has been funky for quite awhile for me. I just called my PVP. Did you book early saver? If you don't have a PVP, call Carnival and ask if you are eligible for a price drop. If you booked with a TA, call that person.

This link will take you to the Carnvial Fare Viewer, enter your sailing and catagory to see the latest rate, check back often rates can change daily.

http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer/

It's been down for just over two months now despite repeated assurances from Carnival that "they are working on it." JH has mentioned it on FB as well.

It's been down for just over two months now despite repeated assurances from Carnival that "they are working on it." JH has mentioned it on FB as well.

This is VERY ANNOYING. It's been down since we got back from our January 2013 cruises on February 1st. I booked another B2B for next January and have to do mock bookings to check for price drops.

Hope fareviewer gets fixed soon.

go make believe you are doing a booking.

Our cruise for August has dropped twice today. Two times in one day. wowsers

80 bucks for our oceanviews and 100 bucks for our insides

My husband and I have our next cruised booked for July. We are in the process of paying it off, and will in a month. How do you know if there has been a price decrease on your cruise? Does Carnival tell you? Do I look somewhere? Does it come after the cruise has been paid for in full?

Thanks!

Regina, as others have stated, you'll need to do a mock booking to see if your rate has decreased. You only look at the cruise rate itself; not at the Gov't Taxes/Fees.

Don't even bother with the Fare Viewer because it doesn't work and hasn't worked in some months now.

For example, if you paid $2116.04 for your cruise, totaled, but the rate was $1928.00 and govt fees/taxes were $188.04, when you do the mock booking, you're only looking to see if the new rate is cheaper than $1928.00.

I use the outside website that tracks the fares. I get an email as soon as they drop.

i have that too- but did not get the email today for two price drops.

Do not count on that alone.

Archived