Just got this message from IMT

I just received this email (only copied part of it on here). I have a cruise booked on the Glory May 5 and as far as I know, it's still a go. Did anyone else get this too? I'm hoping it is just a blanket email that is going out to all people that have a Carnival cruise coming up. Or could they know something the rest of the world doesn't?

Dear InsureMyTrip Traveler,

We're aware of the ongoing issues Carnival Cruise Lines has been struggling with for the past few weeks. Today's announcement of several cruise cancellations by Carnival is of particular concern to us. Our records show that you may have booked a Carnival cruise that is impacted by today's cancellations; if so, we are terribly sorry that your plans have been adversely affected. The stress of an unexpectedly cancelled vacation can be quite upsetting.

While Carnival Cruises does appear to be intending to reimburse affected passengers for the cost of their cruises, there may be other pre-paid, non-refundable expenses associated with your cancelled trip. Depending upon the details of your travel insurance policy, it may be possible to file a claim for some or all of those expenses. We strongly suggest that you contact your individual insurance provider as soon as possible to inquire about the terms of your coverage. The contact information for that provider is listed in your travel insurance documents; it is also available at the following link:

http://www.insuremytrip.com/support/claims.html

Should you encounter any difficulty in contacting your provider directly, please don't hesitate to call us for help. Our Customer Care representatives can be reached by dialing toll-free at 800-487-4722 from within the United States. From outside the United States, you can dial 401-773-9300. We are available Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-12 a.m. EST, as well as Saturday from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. EST and Sunday, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. EST.

Our thoughts are with you. When you are able, please let us know how your experience with this challenging event has been. We hope that all of our travelers' needs are met during this stressful time.

Archived