Price matching to fareviewer?

jtdlmc

OK so now that fareviewer is finally operational again I checked my category and I'm confused! It says 8C (free upgrade from 8A) and nothing else listed for 8C. So does that mean I can price match to that fare - which is $200 lower than mine? When I do a mock booking my only choice is a higher category for which I have already applied and got the OBC. So now people can pay the 8A price and get an 8C so can I get that lower fare?

OK so now that fareviewer is finally operational again I checked my category and I'm confused! It says 8C (free upgrade from 8A) and nothing else listed for 8C. So does that mean I can price match to that fare - which is $200 lower than mine? When I do a mock booking my only choice is a higher category for which I have already applied and got the OBC. So now people can pay the 8A price and get an 8C so can I get that lower fare?

What that means is that with the current F&F Past Guest Sale rate code Carnival is offering free best available upgrades, in your example, people pay the 8A price but can stay with an 8A, go up to 8B or 8C.... all for the same price.

You should be able to price match to an 8A, because that's what they are offering to other people - pay the price of an 8A but get an 8C.

ETA: In my case, I booked a 4B with last week's sale. On Monday, I compared the rates of the Friends & Family Past Guest sale... the rate for a 4B was now $40 less (total for cabin; and was the price of the 4A) and it came with an upgrade from 4A to 4E. I stayed put in my cabin, because we like the location (plus all other cabins for 3 on higher decks that were available we with trundle beds... we like a bunk instead).

So after replying to this post, I checked my rates again using Fareviewer :D and I saved another $20!! So that's $60 saved for the cabin since I booked last Thursday, 3/14 ($40 Monday, $20 today). I'm keeping my 4B cabin, though I could have still gone to a 4E.

Do a screen shot of the advertised rate, fill out the online form, and if they question anything you still have your proof. You can do it online, don't have to use the phone. The turn around time is longer...up to 7 days, but as long as you have your screen shot you will be fine.

HELP! I'VE NEVER DONE THIS AND WONDER IF I AM ELIGIBLE.

1) I booked with a major credit card travel agent

2) My rate included OBC ($250 for cabin)

3) I've made final payment

Though all the rates now shown in Faireviewer are lower than what I paid, none show anything that includes OBC.

Would love more OBC!

My brother is in the highest category oceanview. He tried to get an upgrade vs the OBC. Carnival said he couldn't get an upgrade because the next category would be a balcony! He asked for the lowest category balcony and they still wouldn't do it. But gave him $300 in OBC. Alwayd book earlysaver. Isn't that the purpose of upgrading? ?:confused:

Karen

Though all the rates now shown in Faireviewer are lower than what I paid, none show anything that includes OBC.

Would love more OBC!

Was this Early Saver rate with OBC or another rate type (ex Past Guest + OBC)

To be elegible for the price protection, one must be booked as Early Saver.

My brother is in the highest category oceanview. He tried to get an upgrade vs the OBC. Carnival said he couldn't get an upgrade because the next category would be a balcony! He asked for the lowest category balcony and they still wouldn't do it. But gave him $300 in OBC. Alwayd book earlysaver. Isn't that the purpose of upgrading? ?:confused:

Karen

What is the rate for an 8A (lowest level balcony)?

Certain rate type upgrades are only within like caterogies (interior to interior, oceanview to oceanview, and balcony to balcony).

But if an 8A balcony is less than the highest Oceanview, perhaps he should try again and insist on the upgrade.

Would love more OBC!

Was this Early Saver rate with OBC or another rate type (ex Past Guest + OBC)

To be elegible for the price protection, one must be booked as Early Saver.

Chances are they wouldn't qualify even if they booked Early Saver. Reading the fine print saves you headaches down the line. Most tell you that if your rate changes (if somehow you were able to get Carnival to change your rate though you used a TA), the rate at which you booked is null. Meaning you'd lose your OBC and whatever points you used to book the cruise.

I was going to book a cruise using Citibank because they would take 200 of my points and knock $200 off the cruise rate. Mind you, the fare that they were using was the Early Saver fare. Their fine print clearly stated that I had 2 days to price match for a lower fare and that was it. I called and long story short, if I didn't know any better, the operator would have had me believing I could apply for price adjustments when in fact I couldn't...even with reading the information on a site he sent me to.

But you can ask.

Archived