Allure of the Seas....the good, the bad and the AMAZING

Great review so far! We are sailing on Oasis in 3 weeks, can't wait! We booked through Amex travel agency and we are supposed to get a specialty dinner for 2 and bottle of champagne/wine and $100 OBC by using the amex platinum card. My husband asked "how" we get that since our reservation on RCC website doesn't show anything special. The agent just said not to worry , it'll be on our account when we board. Is that how it worked with your parents cabin that wasn't upgraded? Was it all just there for you? Or did it show somewhere on the Royal Caribbean website?

I'm trying to relax about it and just assume it'll work out, but don't want to waste time tracking it down after we board.

Thanks! And keep up the great review!

Nothing ever showed on our reservation with RC....it did show on the paperwork we received from the TA. It all worked out in the end and we got our perks as well, just not until day 2. I think the issue for us was the room change 4 days before sailing. This ship is so big with so many reservations the paperwork needed time to update/fix.

We returned to our cabin to find that our TA perks had been worked out and we had a bottle of wine, the perk coupons, cook book, on-board credit, cookie decorating kit, 8 cupcakes and our platinum coupon booklet. We were glad it all got worked out and wondered if anyone was in our old room and got any of the perks on accident.

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas-1010349-M.jpg

Cupcakes….I am not sure what we were supposed to do with 8 cupcakes on top of the 2 we would be making that night at the cupcake decorating class. I love cupcakes and these were really good cupcakes unfortunately we could not eat them all in 6 days. There was only 2 of us....my parents also got 8 cupcakes!!! :eek:

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas-1010350-M.jpg

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas-1010353-M.jpg

We did some shopping and wandering…there is lots of room to wander on this ship. Then it was time to get ready for our 1st formal night. Remember we have a cupcake class at 5 pm and dinner a 6 pm. At this point I am relaxed and forgetting about work, pets and responsibilities.

Cupcake class….this was a fun class but we did not get to pick which cupcake we got to make. I think normally you can sign up for the one you want.

The storefront

allure%20of%20the%20seas--9296-M.jpg

The display

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas-1010370-M.jpg

The table all ready for class

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas-1010357-L.jpg

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas-1010358-M.jpg

Dad really concentration on following the directions!

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas-1010373-M.jpg

Edited by kristinp36

Finished product….it is a fish swimming under water with seaweed. I had to explain it because it is not obvious.

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas-1010377-L.jpg

ME

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas-1010379-L.jpg

I don’t know if you can tell by the pics but my mom is tiny. She is under 5’ and under 100 lbs. There are these big chairs outside of the Champagne Lounge that are slightly exaggerated so I had to get a pic of her sitting in one. We had a few minutes to spare before they opened the doors to the dining room.

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas-1010383-L.jpg

Our turn

13880051-M.jpg

Dad was not the smoothest of characters posing for a formal portrait. I love this pic because it looks like he is “feeling” her up. Can anyone say Christmas Card?

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas-1010386-M.jpg

Next up is the AMAZING….I loved loved loved the Oceanaira show. Did I say I loved it? In fact we watched the show this night then hubs and I watched about ½ of it from one of the “secret decks” the next night. I was never so happy to have a great camera and the knowledge to use it in dim lighting.

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas-1010395-M.jpg

Cruise Diector

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas--9424-M.jpg

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas--9430-L.jpg

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas--9432-L.jpg

I am really enjoying reading your review, and although I don't comment here often--I just had to, because your sweet mother looks JUST like my mother! I am so happy that you have these wonderful memories-- my parents are no longer able to travel with us (my mother is on oxygen 24/7) and I really wish that they would have gotten to experience a cruise in there lifetime! Keep the review coming--love it!

After the show we hung around the Boardwalk and rode the Carousel. The Boardwalk has a totally different feel at night with all the lights.

Loved to see this large man riding a little bear….

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas--9517-L.jpg

The rock climbing wall at night

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas-1010391-L.jpg

Hubs was ready for a snack before we headed back to our room. We were surprised to find very limited food options at 11 pm. It was pizza or snacks only. Buffet seemed to close early.

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas-1010482-M.jpg

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas-1010308-M.jpg

Our first towel animal of the cruise….and lights out on day 2.

allure%20of%20the%20seas-1010389-M.jpg

Very great photos!! Really enjoying seeing the Allure, I'll be on Oasis in November. Sorry to hear you missed Nassau!

Amazingly RC & Nassau worked it out so we were able to dock in Nassau on the way back. Our last sea day turned into a short port day in Nassau.

Loving your review! This is actually the first review that has me contemplating sailing Allure. I've been intimidated with what I've heard about the size of the ship, but your review is definitely swaying me. The pic of your dad "feeling up" your mom is too funny!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Day 3 – Sea day

Took a stroll around the ship in the morning with the Hubs

Practice at the Aqua Theater

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas-1010401-M.jpg

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas-1010403-L.jpg

View from behind the Aqua Theater where you can find the shuffle boards

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas-1010407-L.jpg

Water feature under the Rising Tide Bar

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas-1010414-L.jpg

Look at all those floors!

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas-1010416-L.jpg

PIC

This afternoon was the Crown & Anchor “Meet the Stars” show. Free drinks and a chair in the sun….yes please!

Mom pretended to have a drink but after one sip claimed she was getting tipsy…lol

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas-1010426-L.jpg

These guys did more of their routine….not a bad view on a lazy afternoon

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas-1010439-M.jpg

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas-1010445-M.jpg

The Captain pretending to be one of the “strong” brothers

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas-1010454-M.jpg

A few drinks in....

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas-1010459-M.jpg

The first time we felt some crowding on the ship happened this day….there was a character parade on the Promenade. During the parade and immediately after the Promenade was packed. If crowds aren't your thing then avoid the Prom at this time. Easy enough! We watched from above but it was still crowded on the second level.

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas-1010478-L.jpg

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas-1010479-L.jpg

Mom and Dad wanted to create a video postcard to email to the grandkids. They had a great time….mom had to stand on a stool. The Video Postcard Booth is on the Promenade and is free to use and email from. This was something I learned about on CC and appreciate the info.

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas-1010418-M.jpg

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas-1010485-L.jpg

The resulting video....you can preview before sending.

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas-1010484-M.jpg

Your pictures are all great, but the lowlight ones are fabulous! What kind of camera do you use?

Thank you.....For this cruise I used a combo of a point and shoot and DSLR.

The lowlight pics were taken with a Canon 50d and a Canon 24-70L lens.

This second sea day was very relaxing and gave us the time to really enjoy the ship. Another coupon perk we had was for ice cream from the ice cream shop on the Boardwalk. This ice cream was great.

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas-1010497-M.jpg

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas-1010498-L.jpg

Stopped by the ice skating rink…

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas-1010506-M.jpg

Awkward pic of my dad with one of the entertainers from the Samba Grill….we did not manage to eat there on this cruise. In fact we did not eat at the Rita’s Cantina, 150 Central Park and Chops Grill. Looks like we need another cruise on this baby.

13880107-L.jpg

Loving your review! This is actually the first review that has me contemplating sailing Allure. I've been intimidated with what I've heard about the size of the ship, but your review is definitely swaying me. The pic of your dad "feeling up" your mom is too funny!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The ship is BIG but it is easy to navigate. I loved it....my hubs would prefer a smaller ship in the future but to me the amenities and especially the shows can not be beat.

And for one of the BIGGEST amazing things to happen on this cruise….my dear mother, who is afraid of heights and has NO athletic ability wanted to try the zip line. She will never ever ever do it again (her words) but I am so proud of her trying something new. She is so short she overshot the landing bag at the end and the RC employee had to kind of catch her. It looked like she was going to start zipping back for a few moments! Eeeck.

I zipped with her....both "men" chickened out

Suiting up

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas-1010507-M.jpg

There she goes.....

13880115-M.jpg

My turn

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas-1010511-M.jpg

13880116-M.jpg

Walking back with my gear....I will comment that I have zip lined in Mexico and this was scarier. The only reason I can think of is that Mexico was in the jungle over trees and streams and this was over concrete & steel.

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas-1010514-M.jpg

Day 4 – St Thomas

Mom and Dad booked a “sights of the island” type tour and Hubs and I decided to wing it in town.

The water was beautiful that day so I wandered around the deck shooting some scenery before heading off the ship.

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas--9549-M.jpg

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas--9561-M.jpg

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas--9588-M.jpg

The Solarium is just as beautiful during the day

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas--9553-M.jpg

Definitely better than a day at work

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas--9556-M.jpg