Quad to triple?

I booked a quad cabin and a double cabin several months ago for Navigator in October. Specific cabin numbers. Half of our group is canceling. Will I be able to keep my quad and not be charged for the extra bed? Will they move me somewhere else altogether? I researched and specifically want this area of the ship.

There shouldn't be any problem, since you are not past the penalty phase. Just call your TA, they should easily be able to make the change for you. Just because a cabin is labelled a quad does not mean there has to be 4 people in it.

There shouldn't be any problem, since you are not past the penalty phase. Just call your TA, they should easily be able to make the change for you. Just because a cabin is labelled a quad does not mean there has to be 4 people in it.

I am not sure this is correct. We wanted to get two adjoining rooms.......but because they were both quads we couldn't do it with just 6 people. We had to take a quad and a double. I could be wrong, but I think there was a thread regarding this a while back.....and most people said the same thing......that they will not let a potential bed go unbought.

My husband and I have sailed several times in quad cabins with just the two of us, booked well in advance of the cruise. Adjoining cabins are scarce, that may have been the reason for their configuration, or perhaps if the ship is near a sell out. There are times when plenty of quad cabins will be open, but they will only sell them as a double or triple. It depends on how sold out the cruise is. A cruise ship can be at maximum capacity before all beds are sold.

You won't have to pay for the additional bed.

I was in a quad by myself on my last cruise and only had to pay the single supplement. The charge isn't by # of beds in the stateroom but per person in the stateroom.

They do try and save the cabins that are triples and quads for people that actually need them, but it's not like the OP won't still need at least one extra bed.

They DO reserve the right to move you and they absolutely will if they need a quad and have a triple available. Read your ticket contract. Cases were people did not get moved is just a matter of luck.

This happened to us with RC moving part of our family to the other end of the ship because we moved kids into an inside double and left a quad with only 2 in it. When they put us all together originally they put my wife and in a quad and then threatened to move us away from our family 9 months after taking the booking. It was only as the result of an absolutely great TA and agency that we didn't get moved and the other couple got moved back.

As said above they do reserve the right to move you, depends on how full the ship is and if they need the quad or triple cabin. I have had this happen a couple of times in the past, the best advise I can give is not to cancel the third or fourth person until the day of final payment, you will have less of a chance of them moving you then since everyone should have their cabins in place by then. If you cancel them too early and they have no triple or quads, they will take your cabin.

Archived