Freedom JS or GS

We our taking our 22yo DS (has a cognitive disability) on Freedom next January. For about the same price, we can have all 3 of us in a GS (have done with him and works fine) or 1 JS for us and a connecting D1 for him (2 bathrooms,etc). Love the GS amenities. Are they worth it on the Freedom?? Just looking for thoughts...

Thanks!

It would depend on your specific situation. I think you'd be comfy in a GS and it has great storage, bigger bathroom, and closet space. You'd have to judge whether the extra bathroom and added privacy would be a good trade off for the suite perks with a GS. Pool seating, show seating, lounge access, swanky gold card, etc... With the GS you'd also have a shot at perhaps a galley or backstage tour which your DS might enjoy.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

Thanks Bevomom - just to compare the suite perks, I think the Oasis class would be worth giving up the space. Do those who have been on Freedom class feel the same? I am leaning to suite as there is a tender port. How is ambience of the concierge lounge on Freedom? DS loves an occasional beer :)

Thanks Bevomom - just to compare the suite perks, I think the Oasis class would be worth giving up the space. Do those who have been on Freedom class feel the same? I am leaning to suite as there is a tender port. How is ambience of the concierge lounge on Freedom? DS loves an occasional beer :)

The CL on Freedom is a nice room, but windowless. Beer would only be available from 5pm and 8:30pm, and would have to be consumed in the CL.

If the price is similar I would definitely go with the JS and connecting D1. The suite perks are nice but not as nice as have the privacy of your own room and bathroom. You can get free drinks through the drinks package or pay as you go for drinks.

I have been in a JS on Freedom and they are very roomy with a huge closet. They will also open the balcony divider on the Freedom between the rooms (not all ships do that).

Archived