Cinema on board?

marcus11

We are sailing on the Solstice soon and as there will be quite a number of sea days, it would be nice to watch some movies on a big screen.

Is there a dedicated cinema on-board or possibly a theater that doubles as a cinema?

Thanks

Movies are shown at Celebrity Central on Deck 4. You'll find what's on by checking your Celebrity Today that's delivered to you every night at turndown. You can also watch movies in your cabin.

Thanks Deidre

I think I found it:

4e_celebrity_central.jpg

Were the movies fairly new release when you were on the Solstice?

Movies are shown at Celebrity Central on Deck 4. You'll find what's on by checking your Celebrity Today that's delivered to you every night at turndown. You can also watch movies in your cabin.

If the Solstice is like the Eclipse, Celebrity Central has the most gosh-awful uncomfortable seats and only a few seats with good viewing lines. We still went a couple of times, but it impacted our enjoyment of the movies.

Celebrity Central is the normal place, but on Reflection in February, the showed some movies in the big theater as well when the weather wasn't great. It was so windy and cool, the pool and decks were difficult to use.

Sue Richardson the HD told us about that one when we ran into her.

Marcus, yes, that's it. I didn't save all my Celebrity Todays from the Solstice, but here are three day's worth of movies. "Haywire" Rated R, shown at 1 pm, 5 pm, 8 pm, and 11 pm. "John Carter" Rate PG shown at 10 am, 1 pm, 4 pm, and 11:30 pm. "J. Edgar" shown at 1 pm and 11 pm. So you can see, obviously not first run films, more like the kind you missed at the theatre and that are already out on video. ;)

BTW, Celebrity Central is also where they hold several lectures. We've had really good luck with that--even the ones on subjects we thought we'd never be interested in, did interest us. I hope you check some of them out!

If the Solstice is like the Eclipse, Celebrity Central has the most gosh-awful uncomfortable seats and only a few seats with good viewing lines. We still went a couple of times, but it impacted our enjoyment of the movies.

I concur.

But how's the popcorn? ;)

Don't you wish! Princess has it at night at MUTS, plus warm cookies and milk. The only problem is it is often too cool or wet to do movies outside.

I liked the movies they showed in the theater on Celebrity better than the cinema room due to more comfortable seats.

Marcus, yes, that's it. I didn't save all my Celebrity Todays from the Solstice, but here are three day's worth of movies. "Haywire" Rated R, shown at 1 pm, 5 pm, 8 pm, and 11 pm. "John Carter" Rate PG shown at 10 am, 1 pm, 4 pm, and 11:30 pm. "J. Edgar" shown at 1 pm and 11 pm. So you can see, obviously not first run films, more like the kind you missed at the theatre and that are already out on video. ;)

BTW, Celebrity Central is also where they hold several lectures. We've had really good luck with that--even the ones on subjects we thought we'd never be interested in, did interest us. I hope you check some of them out!

That's too bad about the movies. We were on Princess in February, and we saw Lincoln and Argo on board - not at MUTS, but in the Princess Theater. The MUTS movies were older - The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, the Bourne Identity.

Archived