Oasis of The Seas Question

lisa70

We leave on March 30th. I have not packed a thing.

1. I need to know if the internet is reliable on the ship?

2. If they offer a unlimited package?

3.My husband eats only 5 star. couldn't find the right times online to book. Can i book onboard and get good times?

4.I have DS 14 and DD 17 how can i keep in contact on the ship with them?

5. We are in a suite can we rent movies for free?

Thanks for your help.

We leave on March 30th. I have not packed a thing.

1. I need to know if the internet is reliable on the ship?

Yes, but don't expect broadband speeds.

2. If they offer a unlimited package?

There was a trial unlimited internet for $150 last fall on Allure, but I'm not sure if it was continued, and I don't believe it extended to Oasis anyways. There are packages that bring the cost down, but it's by the minute (not by the kilobyte/megabyte), so you must use your minutes wisely, and expect an investment of at least $100 to get the rate down to a reasonable level. Normal is $0.65/Minute. Be sure to LOG OUT after you're done otherwise the minutes keep ticking even when your computer is just sitting idle.

3.My husband eats only 5 star. couldn't find the right times online to book. Can i book onboard and get good times?

Main dining room, or alternates like Chops? Chops tended to book up fast, at least when we were on Allure, but if you book times as soon as you board you should do OK.

Have you ruled out the MDR? If you're do the MDR you should already have a seating time, or My Time Dining if you opted for it which will let you go whenever you want.

4.I have DS 14 and DD 17 how can i keep in contact on the ship with them?

Email is probably your best bet, or something like Facebook messenger at pre scheduled times for a brief chat. You can text via the Cellular At Sea service but again, check with your carrier on charges - it's usually pretty steep.

5. We are in a suite can we rent movies for free?

Thanks for your help.

Doubtful, but I could be wrong.

Hope that helps.

I took your question about the 14 & 17 year old differently than Osha. I was assuming they will be sailing with you?? If not, then you got your answer if so here is my response -

What we do is start the day all together and go over who is doing what when. We then set up the next meeting time (can be 2 hours later, or 4-5 depending on day, events, etc) and place. If someones schedule changes we leave notes in the cabin. I have others use whiteboards on their doors (personally I don't like this as everyone else on the ship knows where you and/or your kids are), as well as leaving messages on the cabin phones. We continue this through the day to keep in touch. We also do wander by where the kids say they are going to be to make sure they truly are there. So far so good on that front.

Some other things we do is have dinner together most nights. Will let the kids pick a night to eat with their new found friends. We also get off the ship and do excursions together as a family.

It really isn't that hard, just takes a little bit of planning and watching the time on both the kids end and the parents.

We have tried walkie talkies in the past and gave up on them very quickly. Both those and cell phones need to be carried around and kept track of. My son, especially, didn't know what to do with them when he was on the basketball court or heading the pool or flowrider, etc. Just more trouble than they were worth IMO.

Archived