Isn't it funny....

thatsonofa

.... to remember the first time you got your sea legs???

Watching everyone in the MDR swaying side to side all at the same time?

Getting off the ship and for the next to days walking like you've had waaaaay to much to drink because your body is still compensating for the ships movement...

OMG...yes!!! After my first cruise, I would step UP into my bathroom at home for about a week...and when my husband would get a drink for me or something, I would keep trying to reach for my sail & sign card.

I remember getting off the ship at my second stop on my first cruise, after a full day at sea. I couldn't wait to get back on hoping for it to subside. Upon returning home, it was odd walking down long halls and in the shower.

On my second cruise, the entrance to the dining room was down a long hall. The ship was rocking, and being 6'1", it was funny as everyone in line in front of me was just stumbling back and forth in unplanned unison.

We stayed at a hotel for three days before our last cruise. Had a key card. Went on an 8 day cruise. Had a S&S card. Got off the cruise and stayed at a hotel for two days. Had a key card. Spent the next 12 days visiting our son in SC and stayed at a hotel. Had a key card. On the way home we stopped overnight at a hotel. Had a key card.

Got home and am constantly reaching in my pocket for a key card. And I can't get use to not getting in an elevator to go to another floor.

We stayed at a hotel for three days before our last cruise. Had a key card. Went on an 8 day cruise. Had a S&S card. Got off the cruise and stayed at a hotel for two days. Had a key card. Spent the next 12 days visiting our son in SC and stayed at a hotel. Had a key card. On the way home we stopped overnight at a hotel. Had a key card.

Got home and am constantly reaching in my pocket for a key card. And I can't get use to not getting in an elevator to go to another floor.

After coming home from a cruise, and getting on an elevator, it's a bit of a reality jolt not to hear "deck nine, lido."

On my first cruise, which was on the Fascination, I noticed to boat moving. When I got home it took several days for the swaying to get out of my head. My second cruise, which was on the Fantasy, I hardly noticed the movement. I guess I wasn't as nervous. I was fine when I got home then.

Yes I remember it and for a good week after I would be swaying when standing still. LOL

I still don't get my "sea legs" until the day after I board the ship.

I also get a kick out of watching people walk when the ship is a rockin'. The sober people walk like they are drunk and the drunk people walk like they are sober. :p

I was walking behind someone at a mall and as I got close I realized I knew them - I asked where they cruised - they asked how I knew they had been on a cruise - I knew that walk well. I told them about the walk and they couldn't believe they were still walking like on a ship - they had been back 4 days at that time.

When I get back from a cruise I don't pull into our driveway.

Rather, I park about 6 blocks away out on the street and when my wife asks what's up I simply tell her that we have to tender into our house.:cool:

The first meal we ate at a restaurant after our first cruise, I almost forgot about having to pay the check.

My parents did this after their first cruise. I had to drive back to pay the check. Haha

.... to remember the first time you got your sea legs???

Watching everyone in the MDR swaying side to side all at the same time?

Getting off the ship and for the next to days walking like you've had waaaaay to much to drink because your body is still compensating for the ships movement...

And stepping up and over to get into your bathroom at home or the best one is running for the dining room every time the doorbell rings....:eek:

Archived