Whatever happen to RCL Viking Serenda

You never forget the first cruise ship you were ever on. For us it was Viking Serenade from LA to Ensenada and Catalina Island back in 1992. She most definitely was/is not a pretty ship, being a conveted ferry, but she got us hooked on cruising;)

vikser.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I went on this ship 2 years ago as First Choice's Island Escape. Had a great time, sailing around the med. Lots of children, but never saw any bad behaviour. Price was extremely cheap compared to the large "traditional" companies, but the service and facilities were excellent - particularly taking account what we paid for it. Appealed to my sense of humour when, on leaving each port, played the theme tune to "The Great Escape"!!

I was on this boat on her 2nd cruise as Island Escape. We could not escape quick enough. They made a TV show about the first few trips, and it was even worse than they portrayed. I had 3 cabins, one to sleep in, one to use as a shower, and one for a bathroom. The plumbing was so bad they could not get everything working in each of the cabins.

They even forgot to attach the fuel line in Malta, and sprayed fuel all over the engine room, and delayed us by about 15 hours.

That was my worst cruise ever, but I hear it is a lot better now....

Archived