Thanks to CC and all the valuable info on the EPIC

Just wanted to say Thanks to all the CC members who have posted info and reviews of the NCL EPIC. I was on the March 9th sailing and was lucky enough to have stayed in the Aft PH suite (10326).

Because of the many reviews i had read ahead of time regarding the haven, Posh, and most importantly the Lighting in the suites, i was able to impress my DH who spent 20 minutes trying to figure out how to turn off the bathroom light above the sink. When he finally gave up, i walked quietly to the sink put my hand under the medicine cabinet and found the switch and turned it off! (forgot to mention that i bet him 20.00 i could turn it off in 10 seconds :D)

I was trying to paste the picture here but am having problems- sorry.

This had to have been the best most relaxing vacations we have ever had. And.. as most have already mentioned once you live the suite life you are spoiled for life!

One tidbit which I had not read (or missed) is if you are booked into the suites - the VIP checkin area is to the left before you head into the main hall for checkin. Luckily there were very few people in the hall so i did not waste much time trying to check in in the wrong area. Once they realized we were "VIP"s - boy did I love that!! they immediately walked us to the right area and within 15 minutes we were headed to the Epic lounge and our tour.

As others have mentioned Posh and the Haven area are just the BEST. Posh got busy at times but it was never packed and there were always loungers open.

If anyone has questions, please feel fre eto ask and i will do my best to answer. Thanks again to all the CC members- you helped make my vacation most enjoyable!

Yes we did and many with Mr G or G man (he was called both) at the Posh Bar!.

LOVE Mr. G!!!! He was quiet but a great bartender. I had so much fun with Julio and Heide in the courtyard grille. Great people. So happy to hear Julio is going to the Breakaway so now I can see him in October :)

Welcome Back! Glad to hear you enjoyed your vacation aboard the Epic. Also, good to hear that some of our fellow cruise critic members gave you helpful useful information. Sorry to say, I was of no help on eveything Epic as I have not been aboard the Epic yet. :cool:

Do you remember any other tips for the cabin - where light switches are etc that were helpful. We are going in 2 weeks. Thanks

I stayed in a mini suite a couple of years ago and don't recall having any issues with the lights or finding the switches. In the PH suite- there were light switches on the bed and along the wall when you first walk into the cabin and on the dresser area there was a button display that worked for almost all lights (exception medicine cabinet) see below picture-

sorry the kleenex box is blocking part of it. it is set under the mirror between the cotton ball container and kleenex- it also did "mood" lighting.

Don't forget when you walk into your cabin there will be a spot to put your keycard (or any card- i used an old hotel key card). you need to put a card in this in order for the lights to work. (when i traveled to europe most hotels have this as well - i do recall the first time i stayed in europe i walked around for quite sometime trying to get the lights to work- now i am an old hand at this ;) )

As i mentioned earlier this was the best vacation my DH and I have had. We had high hopes and plenty of plans But we didn't do half the things we were planning on doing mostly because we were just so comfotable and happy that time just slipped away. twice now we have not made it to the ice bar. we also had bowling in our plans because the last time we had so much fun- but again- never made it. we did see howl at the moon- great time. Also enjoyed BMG (good) and legends (so-so).

Think we were most relaxed sitting on the balcony and watching the wake!

100_2101.jpg.d7a36ec7e5559f377497d36fe73c0558.jpg

100_2086.jpg.e1801ee1da694c9d945ca1f95021e5c8.jpg

Archived