Valparaiso Tours

jmlh

We used Vivian (vivian@abctour.org) on our last week visit to Valparaiso for the tour and transfer to Santiago. He speaks excellent English and took us to all the important sites. It was one of the best tours we had during our cruise. I would highly recommend him.

I have tried to contact Michael at www.winetoursvalparaiso.cl with no success. Does anyone know if they are still in business? If not, who else should I contact for a wine tour? Thanks for any information.

Jan

Wine Tours Valparaiso posted on facebook this morning, so it seems they're still in business. Another company I've been looking at is http://www.southexcursions.com/chileshoreexcursions, but I dont have any info (quality, price, etc) besides the website.

Thanks so much for your responses. I have e-mailed both tours operators but no response to date. Hopefully I will hear something today. Also, I will check out South Excursions.

Thanks so much for your responses. I have e-mailed both tours operators but no response to date. Hopefully I will hear something today. Also, I will check out South Excursions.

Have you checked your spam folder to see if messages are ending up there?

I would recommend Mario Gahona at mrgahona@gmail.com. He speaks excellent English (with an Australian accent) and I found him to be reliable and on time. Answered e-mails very quickly. Also drove us to Santiago airport. Has a van that would seat maybe 10 but there were only three of us.

Bama B

I would recommend Mario Gahona at mrgahona@gmail.com. He speaks excellent English (with an Australian accent) and I found him to be reliable and on time. Answered e-mails very quickly. Also drove us to Santiago airport. Has a van that would seat maybe 10 but there were only three of us.

Bama B

Thanks or the recommendation. I have e-mailed to see about availability - hope to get a positive response.

Jan

Thanks or the recommendation. I have e-mailed to see about availability - hope to get a positive response.

Jan

Let us know what you find out. My wife and I are doing a Santiago/Valpo-BA cruise next Feb and were thinking of doing a wine transit tour from the airport to the boat. We're holding off on looking too much into it until we figure out our flights but would welcome the info.

Another company I've been looking at is http://www.southexcursions.com/chileshoreexcursions, but I dont have any info (quality, price, etc) besides the website.

I do!! I booked 4 excursions with them on our recent cruise on Infinity from Santiago to FLL. Most tours booked through them were good and the guides were all great. But the one tour which I had a problem with was the Wine tour...

During our transfer from Santiago to Valparaiso, we had arranged for a visit and wine tasting of Emiliana vineyard - a biodynamic vineyard in the Casablanca Valley. We did go, but South Excursions had not made the reservation for the visit nor the wine tasting and it was sold out for the day... so we had to improvise our own wine tasting and missed the visit... I was not happy. Other than that the tour went well with a great visit of Valparaiso, including riding the funicular, and a quick tour of Vina del Mar before leaving us at the pier. For a private tour for 4 people it was $95 each.

I just got back from Santiago ..we did a lovely day trip to the biodynamic vineyard mentioned , Valparaiso and Vina del Mar. Very good guide ( Jorge ) , punctual , informative. I arranged it through Ecotours . Cristian was extremely professional and responsive.

Here is the link :

http://www.ecotours.cl/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have been reading this forum for several weeks, as we are considering a FLL to Valpo cruise on HAL in October. I went to the end of the posts on this forum, and am reading "backwards"--up to p. 70 of 91 pages. I have picked up quite a bit of info about Valpariso tours, but would really be interested in more recent comment/reviews on the HAL ports between FLL and Valpo. If anyone has done recent cruises in either direction, perhaps they might post some of their comments about some of their tour experiences. Thanks. HMH

I have been reading this forum for several weeks, as we are considering a FLL to Valpo cruise on HAL in October. I went to the end of the posts on this forum, and am reading "backwards"--up to p. 70 of 91 pages. I have picked up quite a bit of info about Valpariso tours, but would really be interested in more recent comment/reviews on the HAL ports between FLL and Valpo. If anyone has done recent cruises in either direction, perhaps they might post some of their comments about some of their tour experiences. Thanks. HMH

You have posed an excellent question. I would suggest you start a new thread with something like FLL to VALPO as the heading so people who have gone on that itinerary will read it and make comments/offer suggestions. This thread is a little more limited and might not be read by people who can help.

Archived