any problem booking a shore excursion??

redhydra

hi, i am goeing on a cruise in Alaska next june 2013 and I would like to buy a shore excursion

unfortunately, when I go to the shore excursion I want to book, there is no button anywhere to click to reserve it, I've been looking left and right and came empty, anyone had the same problem?

do they accept reservation only a certain time before the cruise? or do they only accept reservation once on board?

thanks for any help you can provide

i just received mail in my ncl booked cruise page and it says i can book tours now. i sail in sept too alaska. i havnt tried too do it yet but i assume i can. come on over too the alaska thread and you will get alot more replies too your questions. good luck with your reservations and have a great time.. :)

You can't book through NCL more than 45 days before sailing (55 if you are in a suite). You are simply trying too early :).

This only applies to dining and entertainment :) You should be able to book shore excursions whenever you'd like - but the NCL system doesn't always cooperate. You'll need to make sure you're logged into myNCL and select from there (rather than browsing the options on the main NCL page). Good luck!

This only applies to dining and entertainment :) You should be able to book shore excursions whenever you'd like - but the NCL system doesn't always cooperate. You'll need to make sure you're logged into myNCL and select from there (rather than browsing the options on the main NCL page). Good luck!

thanks puddles for explaining that better than i did. i guess it is too early in the morning for me . :D

That's good to know! Thanks for correcting me :).

You can't book through NCL more than 45 days before sailing (55 if you are in a suite). You are simply trying too early :).

thanks, that explain alot,

i thought it was strange since i have book previously with ncl, celebrity and rcl and i never had problem but i now recall that i booked only about 30 day before the cruise or something

i just did a mock booking for a tour for my sept cruise and i was able too book it if i wanted too. i know it sounds strange but i can book all the tours i want . i dont know if i am special or if it is just a fluuk. :D

• 4 weeks later...

I logged into myNCL, I can see the excursions, I can even click on them and get the details. However, there is no "add to cart" or whatever button I need to purchase them. It just states that it will be held for 15 minutes until I complete my transaction, but I cannot do so. Any advice or should I just call NCL?

Thank you. This is my first NCL cruise so I do not know the tricks/glitches yet.

I couldn't book my tours at the NCL site also, so I just called NCL and did it over the phone.

Thank you. I just called but they are currently closed so I will have to try again tomorrow. They don't list a Customer Care number to dial for us Canadians, so I tried the United States one and it worked.

But, I do wonder why the online option is unavailable? I find it more convenient plus I could do it now rather than wait until Customer Care is open tomorrow.

I just spoke with NCL. They are aware of the problem and confirmed that some people can book online and some cannot - which is making it difficult for them to locate the source of the problem and to find a solution. They are working on it, but it has been an ongoing problem. So, if it doesn't work for you, just give them a call.

• 11 months later...