What did you forget?

MAPCruises

In 2010, numerous family members were going on a crusie today, including my daughter and her boyfriend. Her boyfriend had come over the night before the cruise and asked us if he could marry our daughter. He was going to propose on formal night, but right before dinner, her boyfriend realized he had forgotten his tie. He came down to our cabin to see if my husband had an extra tie. My husband didn't, but did offer him the tie he had on. My son-in-law didn't feel right about taking my husband's only tie so he ran down to one of the clothing stores and bought one. Then back to the cabin to propose to my daughter. He has now been our son-in-law since mid-2011.

While I remembered medicines for any sort of stomach ailment that might be contracted, I forgot cough and cold medicine which we ended up needing.

Sounds like me - had everything under the sun EXCEPT something for a sore throat. So, of course, I ended up with a cold and sore throat. $5 in the ship store for Ricola drops.

I forgot to pack neckties once. Everyone in the MDR on formal night were glaring angerly at me while wondering why the dining room manager would let me in without a tie on formal night. It was a very uncomfortable experience. :o

This is silly but I always bring bandanas to use during excursions since I hate getting sweat in my eyes. So of course, the hottest cruise excursions ever and not one bandana.

They're already in the suitcase for the next cruise.

Forgot to pack DH's golf shirts on our last cruise. For him to wear to non-formal-night dinners in the MDR. Fortunately, we were cruising with his brother, who lent him a couple of shirts. My bad. :o

domino1230, great story about your now-son-in-law!

Archived