Well, I've gone and done it..

dulcimergirl

I booked a Sept Birthday cruise for my DH and accidently paid in full. OOPs.. Oh well, at least its a done deal. I did get a pretty good price and booked ES rate. So I'm on Fantasy In September, again. Whooo hooo

Almost did the same thing myself on my most recent booking. I would be nice if a prompt screen would come up confirming the amount of the transaction one last time (this is the kind of thing that I insist on for my own client's ECommerce websites -- if the clients disagree, then they're invited to find another developer).

Carnival doesn't go out of their way to make the choice between deposit and full payment obvious, and by default they have full payment selected, probably on purpose.

One doesn't necessarily want to load a credit card -- or worse, go over the credit limit -- while booking a Carnival cruise. Like most people, I budget in cruise payments, flights, excursions, car rentals, and regular household bills month by month. The goal is to pay off the cards completely each month.

Almost did the same thing myself on my most recent booking. I would be nice if a prompt screen would come up confirming the amount of the transaction one last time (this is the kind of thing that I insist on for my own client's ECommerce websites -- if the clients disagree, then they're invited to find another developer).

Carnival doesn't go out of their way to make the choice between deposit and full payment obvious, and by default they have full payment selected, probably on purpose.

One doesn't necessarily want to load a credit card -- or worse, go over the credit limit -- while booking a Carnival cruise. Like most people, I budget in cruise payments, flights, excursions, car rentals, and regular household bills month by month. The goal is to pay off the cards completely each month.

I hate those pop-up screens. I know what I am booking. I verified what I am paying, when I am paying, etc. Just process the darn transaction. I do realize that this is a CYA for the business and not a convenience for the customer, though.

Archived