BlueLagoon Nassau

Croozer101

Has anyone booked this w Carnival ? Leaves our ship 8:00 says till 12:30 incl lunch . Now I see feries coming back at 1 and 2 Can you take these if you booked your excursion thru the ship or you have to stick w the 12:30 anyone do this excursion and time . We are on the Fantasy

WE did this one a few years back and booked directly with Blue Lagoon. It is a really short cab ride over to their transfer boats. There are some days where the island is reserved exclusively for ship excursion so you will have to check into that. I think that is the case when lots of ships are in port.

I did it a few years ago. I also booked directly with Blue Lagoon. It was very easy to do. I was travelling solo; and managed to forget my paper on the ship. Still worked out great. It is a great excursion and a beautiful place.

Short taxi ride and check in was smooth; with my missing paper they had all the names/info on a checklist so able to avoid going back to the ship for confirmation. They gave us wristbands and told us where to wait for the ferry.

It has been awhile but truly very easy to do and well worth it.

If I remember right you can take any ferry; just be sure to catch the last one of the day. The armband shows them you have access to the ferry so no times were required when I was there.

Lovely ferry ride and the island is nice; and of course the Dolphins are amazing :)

Thank you all but does anyone have the answer to the question if you booked thru carnival?

When we were there it was a slow day (only boat in town, and we had a long port call) so you could stay as long as you wanted to. If it's busy and they need to transport people back, especially if it's time sensitive.... I'm not so sure you can hang out as long as you want.

Thank you all but does anyone have the answer to the question if you booked thru carnival?

I believe that if you book through Carnival you cannot take any ferry you wish (potential drawback of course), but keep in mind you need time to get back the ship before you leave if you book on your own which can be an issue for some....

I've been to Blue Lagoon twice, but never with a cruise. When your board the ferry - either at the ferry terminal or at Blue Lagoon - no one asks where you originated, going, etc. You just get on & go. (Except to give your original ticket to get on)

I did hear cruise passengers on the beach saying they had to take a specific ferry.....but assumed it was because their ship was leaving. We stayed all day and watched them come & go.

The ferry ride is about 30 minutes.

Call them.....tell them you're on a ship but want to book direct. Ask them about the ferry times, etc. If you're paying for a beach day, etc I'd assume you could stay until you're ready to leave. I wouldn't want to take the 12:30 ferry back !

You might want to read some of the comments from carnival guests who took that excursion. They can be found right on carnivals website when you look at the details of the excursion. The island looks amazing but some people noted that the transport took up a lot of time and they had only 2.5 hrs on the island. Seemed like a lot of money to me for 2.5 hrs at the beach.

We had the SAME QUESTION you did and I tried to find the answer before we booked this excursion through Carnival. I called a Carnival Rep and was told that the time I picked was the time we were to take the shuttle back on. We chose the later time going over because we did not want to come back so early. I read on CC that some people went early and came back on the later shuttle. I don't recall anyone checking our names or anything so I believe you could go early and stay to take the last shuttle out. We just did not want to take a chance since they told us if we went early we would have to take the early shuttle back.

We did have a wonderful time there. The first thing we did was buy a bucket of beer and head to the other side of the Lagoon to get away from the crowds. The food was fine and we relaxed which is what we wanted. Great place to go!

We booked it on our own a few years ago and took the first ferry over in the morning with the employees and took the last one back that evening, again, with the employees.

But we arrived at 7AM that morning (first ferry at 8:30am) and did not leave until the next morning.

The OP did not say what time they were docked in Nassau.

If you have one of those longer port times, I'm sure you could probably take a later ferry if it isn't too crowded that day.

Bill

We booked it on our own a few years ago and took the first ferry over in the morning with the employees and took the last one back that evening, again, with the employees.

But we arrived at 7AM that morning (first ferry at 8:30am) and did not leave until the next morning.

The OP did not say what time they were docked in Nassau.

If you have one of those longer port times, I'm sure you could probably take a later ferry if it isn't too crowded that day.

Bill

We went the end of Jan so there was no 8am ferry (slower season), we were on the 10am ferry and came back at the end of the day with the employees. We booked thru BL, and caught a cab to the ferry. Super easy, and cheaper than booking thru Carnival, and you can choose when you come back etc.

I was not impressed with the food, drinks were fabulous, and def had plenty of alcohol. The inflatable toys in the lagoon were alot of fun. A few of our group snorkled and saw a ton of fish. You can also walk all around the dolphin encounter (we didn't do it) but got TONS of pics of the dolphins.

I would definately go back, a very relaxing day!

Has anyone booked this w Carnival ? Leaves our ship 8:00 says till 12:30 incl lunch . Now I see feries coming back at 1 and 2 Can you take these if you booked your excursion thru the ship or you have to stick w the 12:30 anyone do this excursion and time . We are on the Fantasy

I did this excursion last September through Carnival (Fantasy) and we were the 9 or 930 group. We were told that there was only one ferry that you could come back on and they also gave the time it would be there. As we were leaving another group was just stepping off the Ferry we were getting onto.

I'm not sure if you were looking into the Dolphin encounter or just the beach day. We did the dolphin encounter and barely had time to grab something to drink before we got on the ferry. For the price we paid I would have liked to have spent more time there but I understand they have schedules to keep.

With all that being said I'm glad I did it but I wouldn't spend the money to do it again. But that's just me! It is a beautiful island though from what I saw of it.

We did this excursion through Carnival Conquest in Feb. 2013. We enjoyed it very much, however the time is way too short. We planned for this to be our 'beach time' & we also got the lunch with this excursion. Nice restrooms, etc. We enjoyed all of it, but had to hurry to be ready to head back to the main island.

I'm not sure they would have allowed us to stay longer or not. We did not take the chance, but after we were back to the main port area, you still have plenty of time to shop. But it is quite far from the ship, if you miss your ride!

We don't plan to book with the ship, if we ever do it again, because I think we would have had more time to lay on that beach. Advantages & disadvantages of most any choice, I guess.

We saw Fantasy 'dry docked' in Freeport, Bahama on this same cruise! In fact, the day we were there, they took Fantasy out with many workers aboard, to go to another dock and finish the work, I suppose. Should be in good shape by now!! Hope you enjoy your cruise.

We did this excursion thru Carnival in Nov 2011... we loved the excursion but the transportation was the only drawback. We went to BL right we we arrived (I want to say 9-ish?). Once we were done with swimming with the dolphins, we were hoping to return to Nassau and do some shopping/site seeing on our own, but we had to wait until about 3:30 or so if I remember correctly for the ferry. This could have been due to "slow" season, I'm not really sure. If you were looking to have a beach day as well, this would be great for you though. They have a very nice beach area with hammocks, chairs, beach toys, etc. and a snack bar/grill (food wasn't that great) and bar. That being said, we had a GREAT time with the dolphins, definitely something we'll never forget!

Archived