Virgin Gorda Baths

DRich2

Could someone who has done the Baths please help me? We are a party of four that will be doing the Baths later this month from the Zuiderdam and we are planning on taking cameras, towels, and other beach stuff. Is there a place to store things as we go through the Baths? Does one of us have to wait with our stuff while the others go through?

Also, we hope to snorkel at Coki beach in St. Thomas and wondered if they have lockers. I would really hate to have someone have to stay with the stuff all of the time.

Thanks.

There are lockers on one side of the Baths. We carried all out stuff with us. There is a nice beach on each side. It could get tight in some places going through but if you spread out the "stuff" it should be ok. We carried an underwater camera and it was a good thing, it rained while we were there.

I did not see anywhere to put your stuff while you went through the baths. We just laid our towels and bags down and carried our camera, wallet, etc. with us. I figured no one would mess with towels and sunscreen.

Probably not the safest/best solution, but it worked!

We did the Baths in March and there were lockers there. A limited number and I'm not to sure how secure they might be. The lockers are at the main beach and as I understand it a fair walk for the other one, I forget its name.

Is the St. thomas beach where the sea aquairum is? If so they have a check in hut where you can leave things. We didn't see it until we were leaving so didn't use it.

We carried our stuff in a backpack plus we had an underwater case for our camera. I had to take off the backpack a couple times and pass it through to DW in the tight spots. It was a good thing we had the waterproof case. The tide was coming in as we went through the trail and splashed up quite a bit. One person going through with us dropped their camcorder and it was pretty well trashed after it splashed into the calf deep water! While there were lockers on the 1st beach, we didn't want to go back through the Devil's Trail to get our stuff, so we brought it all with us and we took the second path back up to the parking lot. This gave us more time to spend enjoying the "2nd" beach.

There are lockers at the bath and about $2.50 each if I remember correctly. I think someone posted that they were unsure if they were secure enough to put things in, I put my wedding and engagment ring in without a second though. Its one of those lockers you put a token in and take out the key.

Coki beach, I don't remember lockers there. We rented a chair and kept our stuff on there. But if you have valuable things I would not take them its a busy beach with people coming and going.

DRich2 .... As others have stated, there are a somewhat limited number of lockers at The Baths.

There's a thread on the Ports of Call (Caribbean Other) Board that has a link to a WONDERFUL map of The Baths (with description of each) as well as information on the total Bath area: I'M IN LOVE WITH THIS MAP! :D

The Baths of Virgin Gorda - Map & Info

Wish we'd had this on our first trip to The Baths! :rolleyes:

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

Just curious, why weren't your rings in the safe in your cruise ship cabin? Seems like a much better bet than anywhere on the island without you!

I forgot to take them off that morning :D and I got in a lot of trouble too! :(

We were at Coki beach last month and there are lockers at Coral World for $3 for the day. There is a key and you can use the locker all the time you want. We went to Coral World first, then changed to snorkel at the Beach and then came back in to Coral World to shower and get our stuff. Coral World is a great place to go as well as snorkle.

Ray

Archived