Upcoming Carnival Sale????

nanshelan

I called my travel agent to see if we could get any money back from the upcoming cruise that we already booked back in December. I mentioned I heard that there was a sale going on. She checked in to it but was unable to get me a reduced rate. Said all the cabins in our category were sold out and wasn't able to do anything... Bummer...

This is like asking will Best Buy being having a Black Friday sale.

last week someone was so kind and gives us the heads up on what the sale was , it was published the day before from GOCCL. It is a web site for travel agents and gives them the heads up on sales. So we are hoping someone could do the same with this week :D

Pam could you upgrade and get a cheaper rate?

Carnival always has a sale going on. The fastest way to be able to react to them seems to be to call Carnival yourself and stop relying on TA's. I have been able to take advantage of all 6 price drops on my upcoming cruise on my own, and I believe I've saved myself more money than a TA could have.

But here's my challenge to any TA that may be reading this post. If you can get me the same 8D Lido Deck balcony cabin on my current cruise that I'm paying $2100 for 3 people, you can earn my business. Final payment is not due for another 5 days, so you have that long to make it happen. You also have to promise that if I see another price drop and call you at 11:35pm, that you can capture the drop as fast as I can, which is usually about 15 minutes (to include an email confirmation).

I called my travel agent to see if we could get any money back from the upcoming cruise that we already booked back in December. I mentioned I heard that there was a sale going on. She checked in to it but was unable to get me a reduced rate. Said all the cabins in our category were sold out and wasn't able to do anything... Bummer...

What category did you book that is sold out? Must be a category that doesn't have many cabins in it.

Bill

Go to Carnival's web site and do a mock booking. Are you a past guest? Did you book using Early Saver? If you answered "yes" to either or both, you might be eligible for an upgrade and/or On Board Credit (OBC).

the current sale only applies to cruises that take place before the end of August.

the current sale only applies to cruises that take place before the end of August.

This is what is frustrating to me! I sure wish it had been through the end of the year instead as we are booked for an October cruise and the price has done nothing but go up. I do not expect price drops, but with all the excitment of people getting so very much these last couple of weeks I want to be one of those people! :)

This is what is frustrating to me! I sure wish it had been through the end of the year instead as we are booked for an October cruise and the price has done nothing but go up. I do not expect price drops, but with all the excitment of people getting so very much these last couple of weeks I want to be one of those people! :)

Me too! I have two in Spetember I am watching, but no price drops this time around

last week someone was so kind and gives us the heads up on what the sale was , it was published the day before from GOCCL. It is a web site for travel agents and gives them the heads up on sales. So we are hoping someone could do the same with this week :D

Pam could you upgrade and get a cheaper rate?

The Friends and Family sale is extended until March 28th. Either just before then, or just after they will post the next sale on GOCCL, or they will e-mail the travel agents and tell about it. Or you can just call Carnival and ask them what/when the next sale will be.:)

We booked our cruise a year ago and have not seen price drops until last week. We received a nice OBC, just be patient and it will pay off closer to your cruise!

Thats good to know as we don't sail till March 2014

But here's my challenge to any TA that may be reading this post. If you can get me the same 8D Lido Deck balcony cabin on my current cruise that I'm paying $2100 for 3 people, you can earn my business. Final payment is not due for another 5 days, so you have that long to make it happen. You also have to promise that if I see another price drop and call you at 11:35pm, that you can capture the drop as fast as I can, which is usually about 15 minutes (to include an email confirmation).

Not really a fair challenge- there aren't any 8Ds on Lido available.

Archived