Trunk Bay

meyerhaus

DW wanted me to ask a couple of questions:

1) Are there locker rentals available at Trunk Bay? If not, how have you protected your stuff there?

2) How much is snorkling equipment there?

3) How much does it cost from boat to Bay, all said and done? I have heard conflicting reports.

Thanks,
JON

[url="http://www.geocities.com/pattersandmenus"]www.geocities.com/pattersandmenus[/url]

Golden Princess Southern Caribbean-7/11/04
[url="http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=4763056957&m=4253085267"]Click to go to the ROLL CALL![/url]

Big Red Boat-1993
Celebrity Zenith-1993

[img]http://uaoad.url.cjb.net/[/img]

TRUNK BAY..my photo.. probably the most photographed beach in the Caribbean.. your cab (van) will stop at this spot for you to take a picture.. we've always taken ship's shore excursion, so can't answer as to the cost of the cab.. don't think there are lockers, but chances are you'll be with, or meet up with, people you know from the ship.. just go and enjoy

Hi Jon,

Sorry to say we went to Trunk Bay 2 years ago and I dont recall prices. :(

However, it is an awesime time. All we did was get off the ship first thing as soon as we could. Found a cab (really easy to do) who took us to Red Hook and we got a one way ticket to St John.

We took the ferry over to St John, get a taxi there (more like an open air roofed pick=up truck with seats) to take us to Trunk Bay.

We got down to the beach got acclimated and had a wonderful time. We rented equipment and had a great time. When it was time to leave we showered and changed and took an available taxi back to town. We then took the Ferry back to Charlotte Amalie for a change of pace and see more of the Island.

Was a wonderful trip. We spent about half what ship charged and we had as much time there as we wanted. Ship people were there like 90-120 minutes tops.

Mike

We cruised to St. John twice on the Norway and like it so much we went back for a week in 2000 and rented a villa there. I don't remember seeing lockers at Trunk Bay. We bought the fairy tickets from the excursion desk, I think they were around $6 - $8. Trunk Bay can be crowded on cruise ship days, but it is very pretty. We also loved Honeymoon Beach on St. John. There are no facilities there, but we took our own snorkeling gear. It's like your own private island. I think the snorkeling gear rental on Trunk Bay is around $15.00.

There are lockers at Trunk Bay - they are right near the snack stand. I guess we have been lucky when we have been there because it was not crowded either time. We have always left our stuff on the beach with no problem. I don't remember the transportation prices but it was cheaper then the ship excursions and you get to enjoy the beach for as long as you want. I hope this helps!

Archived