50% off next cruise

BIG GUY

Anyone who was on the cruise gets the discount.

Their concern is that per the letter, they may only be able to use one discount at a time. So a family of four who was all on the cruise together would have to take four cruises, or two cruises in two cabins, to take the full discount.

In all honestly, if you want to maximize the discount, spread it out. We were on the Splendor swine flu cruise that eventually got 50% off a future cruise. Our TA at the time thought I was a genius, though I can't believe no one had ever thought of this before. We had the Victory booked in an aft wrap - DH and I used our discount on that cruise as the 1st and 2nd passengers.

We also had a 5 day on the Ecstasy booked in a grand suite. We moved our son into the 2nd passenger spot and then used his discount there. So instead of getting his discount on a 3rd person rate, which was around $300, we used it on a 2nd person rate in a suite, which was about $1000.

While I know it would be nice to use the discount all at once, you'll save a lot more money getting creative and finding a way to use everyone's discount as a 1st or 2nd passenger!

Meredith

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to let you know I just booked my cruise for March and got 50% off all of us. Also it is a pain to submit the request. First you have to be in internet explorer, then you have to make sure your pop up blocker is turned off. Then you have to add carnival to your compatibility mode. If you don't do this first you will be entering the information over and over. I had to do it 8 times and because there were three of us it took about 45 minutes. On the plus side very quick transfer to tech support with Carnival.

Yes, we missed Grand Cayman. When I hit submit there is no indication it went thru or not. I guess I will call in again this week. With the price drop and the additional 50% we went for the Aft Balc.

Wow!!! I'd miss Grand Cayman forever to get a 50% off next cruise. What a deal. You didn't miss anything by missing that port anyway. Win! Win!

Wow!!! I'd miss Grand Cayman forever to get a 50% off next cruise. What a deal. You didn't miss anything by missing that port anyway. Win! Win!

My feelings exactly. We've been there 4 times and are going again this next January. I'd be happy to miss GC.

I did enjoy it the first time because we went to Stingray City, Turtle Farm, & Hell.

Just wanted to let you know I just booked my cruise for March and got 50% off all of us. Also it is a pain to submit the request.

We booked out of San Juan in Feb 2014 .. I talked to the CCL planner, told him we were on Legend, he looked it up, and took care of the whole thing without having to file any paper work ..

We were on the Glory and got 20 % off a future 6 day or less cruise. I just booked a 5 day for Feb and tried the site. It let us put in all the info but did nothing. I called a rep and he put it all in for me. This was on a Saturday, by Monday it was all posted to our acct.

A side note. The way they posted it didnt reflect 20% off. They made the PP rate less than what we paid and then just deleted the difference from our total. Very strange but since the total matches I am not worried about it.

We missed Grand Caymen in 2011 and got no discount on a future cruise at all. We got our port taxes refunded, though. ;)

It's all timing. This was back when Carnival had off those bad incidents happening to them. It was all to counter all the bad press they were receiving at the time.

We were on the Legend, right after the Triumph trouble. We missed GC and our Mexico port was replaced with another port in Mexico. We got a 250$ onboard credit for that cruise, and a 50% off the best rate we could find on a cruise before 2015. I called our PVP and she looked after everything, I didn't even need to fill out the form. We got a great deal. We've gotten 200$ off that price so far in price drops. We have a balcony stateroom on the Lido deck on the Breeze. So far, we are down to 461 after taxes per person. We still have 6 weeks before final payment, who knows how low it'll go. With our cold winters, all we want is warmth and sun!