50% off next cruise

BIG GUY

We were on Legend last week and got 50% off next cruise. We are booked on Splendor in July. Called Vac planner and told to go online and fill out the form. I did all,but when hit Submit it looks like nothing happens. Has anyone had this problem in the past? What next?

Yes, we missed Grand Cayman. When I hit submit there is no indication it went thru or not. I guess I will call in again this week. With the price drop and the additional 50% we went for the Aft Balc.

I know,it was not that big a deal missing GC. We were already booked on Splendor,so 50% off is great!

Be thankful it happened the same week as the Dream incident and so close to the Triumph. Otherwise you would have gotten (next to) nada.

I know,we missed GC on Paradise in August and all we got was the $23 port charge back.

Yep, me too. We've missed Grand Cayman many times, and only received the port charges back. No big deal for me. I'd prefer another sea day anyway. ;)

"SKY"

Yep, me too. We've missed Grand Cayman many times, and only received the port charges back. No big deal for me. I'd prefer another sea day anyway. ;)

"SKY"

We were supposed to be on the sunshine, getting full refunds on everything... But it is so close to the trip, but also getting 25% on next one too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yes, we missed Grand Cayman. When I hit submit there is no indication it went thru or not. I guess I will call in again this week. With the price drop and the additional 50% we went for the Aft Balc.

I was on the dream so our 50% off deals may be different but i was under the impression that the 50% off had to be used for the same level category and that we'd be getting 50% off the rate we booked the last cruise for. Am I correct or is it just 50% off any room we want but we pay whatever the current price is? I'd call and ask guest care but they are still closed :rolleyes:

I did call my cruise planner and asked that very question. She said it should be no problem,just submit the form and wait 7 days for reply. She also said if turned down to call her right away to take care of it. I find it hard to believe they would mess with us after 29 cruises. Especially with all the recent problems.

• 3 weeks later...
I did call my cruise planner and asked that very question. She said it should be no problem,just submit the form and wait 7 days for reply. She also said if turned down to call her right away to take care of it. I find it hard to believe they would mess with us after 29 cruises. Especially with all the recent problems.

Just following up and making sure it actually worked out for you? I've still been arguing with carnival about a variety of things and before i start looking to book my next one was curious if everything went as planned for you! Thanks!

Here's the update on 50% off. We submitted the form for our booked July Splendor cruise and we were turned down. They said 50% off is no go for 8 day cruise,just 2-7 day.So we booked Dream for Superbowl cruise 2/2/14 with the understanding that we would only go if we rec'd the credit. We went all out and booked an extended wrap around balcony. 2 days later we got the email with confirmation of the 50% off. So we are very happy!

Also

The July splendor cruise has been constantly been going down in price. It seems like every other week it goes down another $100.It's almost at $500 less since we booked in sept.

Here's the update on 50% off. We submitted the form for our booked July Splendor cruise and we were turned down. They said 50% off is no go for 8 day cruise,just 2-7 day.So we booked Dream for Superbowl cruise 2/2/14 with the understanding that we would only go if we rec'd the credit. We went all out and booked an extended wrap around balcony. 2 days later we got the email with confirmation of the 50% off. So we are very happy!

Also

The July splendor cruise has been constantly been going down in price. It seems like every other week it goes down another $100.It's almost at $500 less since we booked in sept.

Thanks for the update!

Be thankful it happened the same week as the Dream incident and so close to the Triumph. Otherwise you would have gotten (next to) nada.

Not true... we had to change itineraries once years ago because of weather and we got 25% off our next cruise

Also

When was the Legend cruise that you missed GC??

• 4 months later...

I was also on the Carnival Legend that experienced the propulsion problems. I was looking to book another spring break cruise using my 50% off. I am concerned because at the very bottom of the letter it says one per booking. My question is this. If I book a room that has the same people that were on the legend cruise does it apply to the whole room or can only one of us redeem the 50% off? I hope that made sense.

I was also on the Carnival Legend that experienced the propulsion problems. I was looking to book another spring break cruise using my 50% off. I am concerned because at the very bottom of the letter it says one per booking. My question is this. If I book a room that has the same people that were on the legend cruise does it apply to the whole room or can only one of us redeem the 50% off? I hope that made sense.

Anyone who was on the cruise gets the discount.