Is The Disney Cruise The Commericals? Is It Worth The Money?

I Have Been On Several Cruises. And We Are Plannning On Going On The Disney Magic November 2006. Is It As Great As They Say It Is? And Will My Up Coming 4 Year Old Love It? My Son Loved The Cruise We Just Took. And Still Talks About It. Does All The Characters Come Out Abd Play. All He Really Cares About Is Mickey, Goofy, And Donald, And Captain Hook. And Maybe A Few More. But He Would Love It Even More If He Got To Be Around Them 24/7. Are They Around The Clock Or At Certain Times? That Is WHaT I Would Like To Know Before We Take This Leap.

Hello! We loved the disney cruise so much on our honeymoon that we went back for a family reunion cruise a couple of years later, taking along all the brothers and sisters, etc. The little guys LOVED the cruise. The characters appear all over the ship.. they dance around during sail away parties, and are available for pictures and meet & greets at all different times during the day. The cruise also sets everyone up for one character breakfast where you see Mickey, Minny, Chip & Dale & Goofy in their tropical outfits. We got some great pictures of the kids with Donald and Goofy on formal night, as well as with Captain Hook & Smee, Cinderella, Belle, Mulan, Daisy, Minne, Mickey, etc. My brother (18 months) and sister (age 6) were crazy about the characters, and I'm sure your 4 year old will love it too.

:o Your son will also get to meet and greet characters on castaway cay. They are at certain spots along the walkway to the beach, starting at the postoffice at 9 or 10 a.m. It will tell you when in your navigator. The lines are short and move quickly. Also during that day they have characters meet with the kids in a gazebo located near the beach and BBQ.

In the kids clubs the characters show up and interact with the kids on may different occasions too. Captain Hook is on the island too.

Also the pirates party has many characters dressed as pirates and Captain Hook takes over the party. Pirate mickey saves it. I won't give away the surprizes, but plan on dressing in pirate attire from dinner on.

Your navigator paper will list the places and times when the characters will appear on the ship so get there 10 minutes early to avoid waiting in a long line. It will state if it is time reserved for pictures only or pictures and autographs.

Most of the musical shows in the disney theater have characters in them.

Especially the golden mickeys, and disney dreams. arrive 15 minutes early and get up close, however you can see good from any seat. Kids love the characters in these shows too.

They have different characters in the terminal too before you board the ship. Keep an eye on the area near the model of the ship in the center of the room.

There is a small gazebo beside the goofy pool and characters show up there often, usually not much lines there as most kids are in the pool and don't even see them at first. I guaratee if you read yout navigator and arrive a few minutes early your son will see characters several times a day. Plus at the kids club. . WEhave done 6 disney cruises and got all the character meet and greets that everybody wanted to have. It was Fantatic for kids and adults alike.

mom x4, grandma x4

Thank yall very much for helping me with my decision so far. I think it has help us that we wil really enjoy our cruise. We have cruised with Carnival on the Miracle. And I am really looking forward into going on this one. Just seeing my sons eyes light up when he gets on this ship like it was on the last one will be awesome and yall have given me some insight.

Is there anything else I should know about about the cruise? Which cruise did yall take? We are planning on going on the 7 Day Eastern Carb... Disney Magic

How is the dining? How is the shows? I know there are no casios. So what is there for adults to do at night. Also I Know on Carnival ships after 10 pm you have to pay for babysitting do you have to pay for babysitting on Disney?

There is a number to call once on board and it lists all character appearances for that day. Having said that we had impromptu meetings with several characters including Capt. Mickey when we boarded. We were the only ones with him on deck 5 overlooking the Atrium while people were boarding. Another time when Capt. Hook held me for ransom for whatever was in my son's bag at the time. We were just walking down the hall and "bumped" into them.

Archived