The Value of Screen Shots

LadyBurdett

I made screen shots of the prices listed in the Carnival Fare finders this morning that showed significant price drops on my 2 cabins. Just got an email from my TA who told me that the prices now listed were much higher than the earlier screen shots. He said he talked to his Manager and also called Carnival but they were unable to find the prices I submitted.

Am I crazy...if I have a screen shot of something does that not confirm that it was there? I may be crazy or just naive....am also fairly new at this but I took screen shots of all 3 screens. He did not say I was not eligible for a price drop or that there were no rooms available...just that they could not find that price being offered. If anyone can tell me what might have happened, I would sure appreciate the information.

Thanks!:confused:

Carnival is a mess. It is really hard to say what might have happened. When I have called for my price drops, I am looking at the reduced prices on the screen, while I am speaking to the rep and they tell me they can't find the fare I am referring to. One rep asked me for the code for the fare:eek:. I told her she needs to tell me the code because I don't work at Carnival, she does. Just be persistent.

I had a similar issue - I had applied for a price drop for my October cruise during the last sale (not the one going on right now), and instead of the full amount of the drop, I only received a few dollars. It should have been around $30 per person and I think they reduced it $7. I had a screen shot and when I received the email with the new confirmation showing only the $7 price reduction, I forwarded that email and my screen shot to Carnival and within a day, I had a new confirmation emailed to me with the full amount of the price drop. Like someone else said, be persistent. If you booked Early Saver and you're seeing the same cabin category, sail date, ship, etc, and it's a rate your eligible for (past guest, state resident, military, etc.) then you should receive that price drop.

were you comparing the EXACT same category?

example 6A to 6A, not 6A to 6D?

i was denied once but it was my error - i was comparing a porthole cabin to a 1A.

another time - but i caught it before i sent in request - i was looking at the wrong year! i had booked for 2012 but was comparing price to 2013.

Carnival is a mess. It is really hard to say what might have happened. When I have called for my price drops, I am looking at the reduced prices on the screen, while I am speaking to the rep and they tell me they can't find the fare I am referring to. One rep asked me for the code for the fare:eek:. I told her she needs to tell me the code because I don't work at Carnival, she does. Just be persistent.

I assume when they ask us, the caller, for the code, they are really asking us what rate promotion we're seeing it as--i.e., friends and family, past guest, resident rate, senior, and on and on and on--someone posted all the different current rates that there could possibly be, and I think it was over 20 different possible rate structures. Also, when I called about my price drop, Carnival was quoting me a price $20 more than what I was seeing on my page. With the rep on the line, I started the mock booking over, and even though friends and family included best possible upgrade, I had overlooked the aspect that added $1.70 per day for midship, which added the $20. I didn't really care about being midship as I think I prefer forward right now, but since my cabin was originally midship, I'm confused if I then have to stay midship or not.

Had this happen to me once and this is why I do not book ES with a TA. The TA would not listen...I am not even sure she tried to submit for the price drop. You could send the screen shot to the TA and tell her you want to do a 3 way call with Carnival but that did not even work when I tried...TA refused.

I will never use a TA again if I ever use ES again.

screenshots can be very easily faked, so I wouldn't think carnival would rely on them for price matches...

What might be better is both you and the rep go to carnival.com and take the same steps to do a mock booking. You should then both be able to arrive at the same price... this of course assumes the price is still the lowest.

I would guess that carnival should have a db of all prices for all rooms on all dates. However, knowing how crappy their website is, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

good luck

i just posted this a.m. because they're trying to screw me over too. i have my screen shot from a mock booking and just emailed it to them. they're trying to say the average fare i'm requesting is for 2 people when it really is for 3. the price is still the same today. the mock booking shows EVERYTHING is the same.

Screen shots is how I have shown my TA the price drops also. But he always says he can't find the price I send to him in the Carnival system. So WEIRD!

He can get close but never the same amount. And all I do is go into Carnival's website and price a new cruise using the same parameters I am currently booked at. I send him a shot of the screen showing all the selections, the price and even a room selection near mine.

The TA's must be in a different database of pricing than we, the consumers can see.

How do you do a screen shot?

Easiest way is (on a PC) hit Ctrl + Print Screen (should be top right of the keyboard).

Then open Paint or something and edit->paste. You can crop it down before you save it if there's anything on your screen you don't want the person to see, like personal information. Takes about 10 seconds once you've done it a couple times.

I had a similar problem. Booked ES, put in a price drop ( 2 actually, one on one day and another on the next day). Carnival gave me some of the first price drop (have no idea where that number came from) and sent an email saying they couldn't locate the second price drop rate. It took 3 calls to carnival, but finally it got sorted out. They did ask for my screen shot. Not sure if that helped or not, but it convinced me to always take the few seconds and do a print screen.

The ever changing up and down pricing has really become out of hand in my opinion. They literally change the cabin prices multiple times a day and they are different depending if you are signed in or not. It has wandered into the realm of shady. And they have so many sales and different categories of pricing, it feels like it is being done to confuse people when it comes to a price drop and price protection. You really have to be on your toes or your gonna end up paying hundreds more for the same cabin.

Good luck to you

The ever changing up and down pricing has really become out of hand in my opinion. They literally change the cabin prices multiple times a day and they are different depending if you are signed in or not. It has wandered into the realm of shady. And they have so many sales and different categories of pricing, it feels like it is being done to confuse people when it comes to a price drop and price protection. You really have to be on your toes or your gonna end up paying hundreds more for the same cabin.

Good luck to you

i agree. and it's also scary how they are changing people's cabins, when they apply for drops, without their knowledge.

I assume when they ask us, the caller, for the code, they are really asking us what rate promotion we're seeing it as--i.e., friends and family, past guest, resident rate, senior, and on and on and on--someone posted all the different current rates that there could possibly be, and I think it was over 20 different possible rate structures. Also, when I called about my price drop, Carnival was quoting me a price $20 more than what I was seeing on my page. With the rep on the line, I started the mock booking over, and even though friends and family included best possible upgrade, I had overlooked the aspect that added $1.70 per day for midship, which added the $20. I didn't really care about being midship as I think I prefer forward right now, but since my cabin was originally midship, I'm confused if I then have to stay midship or not.

If you are Early Saver, downgrades are not allowed. Moving forward would be a downgrade.

Say you're booked for 2 people and you see a price drop of $30pp. You are expecting to see a total $60 price drop. However, if the port fees/taxes have gone up, your price drop (or OBC) will be less Than $60.

we are booked 3 people in a cabin- price fares for the first two came down- but the third fare went higher-- so it was a wash

Say you're booked for 2 people and you see a price drop of $30pp. You are expecting to see a total $60 price drop. However, if the port fees/taxes have gone up, your price drop (or OBC) will be less Than $60.

we are booked 3 people in a cabin- price fares for the first two came down- but the third fare went higher-- so it was a wash

Archived